Eastern Iowa Mabon Fest

  • Thunder & Gypsy
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1 4:36 PM

      The fifth annual Mabon Fest is coming home to Saulsbury Bridge Recreation Area in Muscatine, Iowa. We are very excited to be home. Due to flooding, the 2008 event was moved, but we are home!
      Website: http://www.myspace. com/easterniowam abonfest
      mabonfest@yahoo. com
      SEPTEMBER 18-20th
      Friday at 7 pm for registration/check in
      Saturday 10:30 to dusk
      Sunday until 12 pm.
      REGISTRATION
      18 & Over $10, 17-13 $5, and 12 & under FREE!! Pre-registration not required, but appreciated to help with costs. Please contact us at the e-mail listed above.
      ENTERTAINMENT
      The beautiful singing voice of Lunarprayers.
      WORKSHOPS
      We are looking for workshop suggestions, and other suggestions for
      activities. This is YOUR event. If you suggestions or ideas, we would love to hear them. We have some workshops lined up! We are still looking for ideas and/or other presenters. Feel free to drop us a line!
      The workshops that we have lined up so far:
      Planetary magic
      Basic natal charts
      (We do need more workshops please)
      Demostration from the Park's rnager, Dave Baake. He will demonstrate some Native American games and songs.
      Saturday night Ritual by, The QC Witches Meetup - which is a vehicle for the Church of Ancient Ways QC - is doing the ritual at Mabon Fest. This year's ritual is an Egyptian rite celebrating the Scales of Maat as the Scales of Libra.
      TENT CAMPING - $8 for the ENTIRE weekend!
      We have just received confirmation that Mabon Fest will fall on a 2 for 1 weekend. You get two nights for the price of one. If tent camping, you be able to camping our private camping area reserved for us! This is not an area ever available to the public for camping. The park has made special exception for us because we are such respectful guests. Showers have been added to the campground. They are located on the main campground, but will be available to us.
      MEALS
      As always, Saturday evening's main meal will be Stone Soup & bread. Please bring something to throw into the pot. We always make it vegan so that all may enjoy it. No one ever goes away hungry.
      The other meals are yet to be determined. In the past, we have always had a potluck for Saturday lunch (mostly sandwiches and munchies). We are open to suggestions!
      Event Location: 2007 Saulsbury Road in Muscatine
      Directions: FROM IOWA CITY:
      Take US 6-E toward West Liberty/Muscatine
      Turn Right on KELLY AVE (CR-X46) 4.6 miles
      Turn Left on SAULSBURY RD
      Arrive at 2007 SAULSBURY RD, MUSCATINE, on the Left
      FROM DAVENPORT:
      Take US 61 S towards Muscatine
      Turn Right on MULBERRY AVE - go 0.3 miles
      Continue on N MULBERRY RD (CR-X54) - go 2.4 miles
      Turn Left on SAULSBURY RD - go 4.2 miles
      Arrive at 2007 SAULSBURY RD, MUSCATINE, on the Right
      FROM BURLINGTON:
      Take US-61 N towards Muscatine
      Turn Left on MULBERRY AVE - go 0.3 mi
      Continue on N MULBERRY RD (CR-X54) - go 2.4 mi
      Turn Left on SAULSBURY RD - go 4.2 mi
      Arrive at 2007 SAULSBURY RD, MUSCATINE, on the Right
      When the event draws near, phone numbers will be posted for the directionally challenged.
      email: covenoftheblessedlady@... or stop by the myspace and post.

      Gypsy and Teresa

    • Thunder & Gypsy
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 17 5:02 PM
        September 18th thru the 20th (This Weekend!!!)
        Saulsbury Park
        2700 Saulsbury Rd.
        Muscatine, Iowa

[...]

        Make yourself a Goddess
[...]
        Event TIME Details: 7 p.m. Friday until 12 p.m. Sunday
        Directions: FROM IOWA CITY:
        Take US 6-E toward West Liberty/Muscatine
        Turn Right on KELLY AVE (CR-X46) 4.6 miles
        Turn Left on SAULSBURY RD
        Arrive at 2007 SAULSBURY RD, MUSCATINE, on the Left
        FROM DAVENPORT:
        Take US 61 S towards Muscatine
        Turn Right on MULBERRY AVE - go 0.3 miles
        Continue on N MULBERRY RD (CR-X54) - go 2.4 miles
        Turn Left on SAULSBURY RD - go 4.2 miles
        Arrive at 2007 SAULSBURY RD, MUSCATINE, on the Right
        FROM BURLINGTON:
        Take US-61 N towards Muscatine
        Turn Left on MULBERRY AVE - go 0.3 mi
        Continue on N MULBERRY RD (CR-X54) - go 2.4 mi
        Turn Left on SAULSBURY RD - go 4.2 mi
        Arrive at 2007 SAULSBURY RD, MUSCATINE, on the Right
        When the event draws near, phone numbers will be posted for the directionally challenged.
        email: covenoftheblessedlady@... or stop by the myspace and post.
         If lost call 319-936-6914 or 319-936-6944

        Gypsy and Teresa