Re: [crpagans] Business we would have discussed at the social

  • Sam Grey
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2007
      Ouch!! Sorry to hear about the car. Glad to hear you're mobile again, though.

      The site is looking good and the message board should work nicely!

      We welcomed some new attendees last night who were members of the local CUUPS group in Cedar Rapids. It was a great opportunity to discuss the nature and focus of each of our respective groups and I was greatly impressed. Otherwise, you didn't miss too much, just our usual discussion time with its diverse and plentiful tangents.

      Sadly, due to unforeseen schedule conflicts some of us, including myself, will not be able to attend Lammas Fest this year. That just means those who are going need to have more fun for the rest of us!

      Spam-wise, the banning is working well enough. The spam is intermittent and far less that I get through other channels. I would worry that going to request approval may discourage new members from signing up. Sometimes, we have to pay a small price for openness!

      -Sam (aka the other Geoff)

      On 7/31/07, Geoff <geoff@...> wrote:

      Oops! In case you didn't notice, I didn't make it to the coffee
      social this week. I recently got my oil changed and apparently they
      took oil out, but forgot to put oil back in. My engine seized up on
      my way back into town. I will be changing my own oil from now on,
      but was unable to make it to the coffee social due to dealing with a
      dead car.

      The good news is that I do have a car temporarily and am getting a
      new (well, used) car in a week or two anyway, so I shouldn't miss
      anything else.

      However, I'm testing a discussion board for our website right now.
      There's only one forum at this time, but feel free to go to
      http://crpagans.org/discussion/index.php and post to it.

      I got the Samhain Gathering flyers to Dawn, so people who registered
      for Lammas Fest will hear about Samhain Gathering.

      The Samhain Gathering and CRPC website updates will take effect by
      next week. The discussion board, calendar, etc. will all be up by
      then. More importantly, the information will all be up to date.

      Also, regarding the biker spam, I keep banning them and will continue
      to ban them. If it continues, we can discuss making people request
      admittance before gaining access to the forum.

      --
      One doesn't discover new lands without consenting to lose sight of the shore for a very long time. -- Andre Gide