CRPC Coffee Social: How should Pagans define ourselves?, 1/9/2007, 6:30 pm

  • crpagans@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 7, 2007
      Reminder from: crpagans Yahoo! Group

      Title: CRPC Coffee Social: How should Pagans define ourselves?

      Date: Tuesday January 9, 2007
      Time: 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
      Location: Brewed Awakenings, First Avenue, Cedar Rapids
      Street: 1st Avenue, across from Coe College
      City State Zip: Cedar Rapids, IA
      Phone: 319-621-1335
      Notes: We tend to meet in the back room, because we have been having big turnouts.

      Our discussion this week will be on how Pagans should define themselves. Is the widest possible method of self-identification (Pagan) the best way to self-identify, or should it be the most specific (whichever exact denomination of a specific religion applies to you)?

      Also, who exactly is a Pagan? Are Pagan religions those which are not Christian? Those which are non-Abrahamic? Those which are not one of the big 5 world religions? Is there benefit to being more inclusive or more exclusive in this regard?