Archaeological Dig Open Day

  • Edmund Meadows
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 16 5:18 AM
      Hi,

      Your chance to see raw archaeology and within the GLC.    I will be wandering around with a hammer in my belt on both days.

      Edmund.

      ORPINGTON AND DISTRICT ARCHAEOLOGICAL SOCIETY
      Public Open Weekend
      Scadbury Moated Manor
      Scadbury Nature Reserve, Chislehurst

      Saturday 1st and Sunday 2nd September 2007
      open from 2.00pm until 4.30pm (last entry)
      * Self-guided trail
      * Excavations in progress *
      * Foundations of the historic Moated Manor *
      * Medieval undercroft with barrel roof *
      * Refreshments and book stall
      * Photographic display

      The tours will start at the point where the estate circular footpath passes the moated site. The nearest access from the road is via the footpath between 12-14 St Pauls Wood Hill, turning left along the circular footpath, a five minute walk, or a half hour walk from Old Perry Street.

      For elderly or disabled people car parking is available at the site, by free ticket only, for which application should be made (enclosing s.a.e. and stating for which day required) to:

      O.D.A.S
      27, Eynsford Close,
      Petts Wood,
      Kent BR5 1DP.

      Affiliated to: Council for British Archaeology, Kent Archaeological Society, and London and Middlesex Archaeological Society.

      See also - < http://www.odas.org.uk/> Orpington and District Archaeological Society. Monthly meetings in Orpington Priory (Museum). ODAS promotes the study of archaeology in the Upper Cray Valley by undertaking excavations, carrying out research into the archaeology of the area and encouraging public interest through meetings and visits.

      See also - < http://www.viking-z.org/a-orpington-bromley-kent-archaeology.htm> Orpington, Bromley and Kent UK Archaeology Groups links.