Re: [croydoncrows] Re: Croydon Crows Medieval Pagan Camp - last chance for tickets!

  • Mani Navasothy
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 10, 2007
      Oooh, serving wenches? sounds great..
      but alas, I can't make it..  Oldest uncle's birthday in Kent.. big family event that weekend.. sorry..
      hugs
      -mani

      ps. save a serving wench for me.. I'll collect later :-p

      pps. I am sending in my representative- The fanouse Reggie `Loose cannon' Kwan'..  :-)

      bluemoonwytch <bekie.bird@...> wrote:
      Hello campers! Hi-de-hi! :-)
      The good news is that we are in for a heatwave starting in the
      middle of August - HOORAY! - but don't forget that it is the last
      few days to let me know if you will be coming to this camp. Glenn is
      busy making a large table for the banquet which will ceremoniously
      be burned on the fire afterwards, but I'd like to make him sweat a
      bit more and insist he makes a HUGE one instead. Our serving wenches
      and court jester are at the ready too!
      We will have loads of fun.
      See you all soon
      Bekie

      - --- In croydoncrows@ yahoogroups. com, "bluemoonwytch"
      <bekie.bird@ ...> wrote:

      > We will be holding our first Pagan Camp in Park Farm Campsite in
      Bodium
      > near the beautiful castle on the weekend of Friday 17th – Sunday
      > 19th August 2007. There will be a medieval banquet on the Saturday
      night
      > where you will have the chance to dress in your medieval finery and
      > dance around the camp fire and this is included in the price! The
      > banquet will include a main course (please let me know if you're a
      > veggie), dessert and a glass of wine. Please feel free to bring
      extra
      > wine with you if a glass won't do! We will have a camp fire on the
      > Friday night as well, when we hope to do an `Earth Healing
      > Ritual' so don't forget to bring your drums and suchlike along
      > to make merry.
      >
      > There is also a medieval theme at the castle that weekend when on
      the
      > Friday you can try your hand at archery and on both the Saturday
      and
      > Sunday you can 'Meet the Miller and help the cook' at the Medieval
      > Costumed Interpretation Weekend. Take a look at
      > http://www.national trust.org. uk/main/w- vh/w-visits/ w-events/ w-
      events-fin\
      > d_event.htm? propertyID= 106
      > <http://www.national trust.org. uk/main/w- vh/w-visits/ w-events/ w-
      events-fi\
      > nd_event.htm? propertyID= 106> for more details. There is a very
      nice pub
      > near the castle which serves great food if you don't fancy cooking
      > for yourself on the Friday or Sunday, and there are a couple of
      other
      > pubs near the campsite too.
      >
      > The campsite is large and child-friendly with a play area, and has
      > showers and toilet facilities. It is also camper friendly and has a
      > river along side it.
      >
      > Although we need to know numbers as soon as possible, the 50%
      deposit is
      > not due until 10th August. Cheques or postal orders to be made
      payable
      > to Mrs R A Bird and sent to: 1 Bourne Cottages, Whyteleafe Hill,
      > Whyteleafe, Surrey, CR3 0AA. If you prefer to pay by credit card
      then
      > please call Glenn on 07885 114453.
      >
      > What you will need to bring:
      >
      > Yourself and any friends or family that would like a fab time!
      >
      > Something to sleep under (tent)
      >
      > Something to sleep in (sleeping bag)
      >
      > Something to sit on (chair)
      >
      > Food and cooker for other meals
      >
      > Usual camping stuff
      >
      > Medieval finery
      >
      > Date: Friday 17th – Sunday 19th August 2007
      >
      > Place: Park Farm Campsite, Bodium
      >
      > Cost: £32 per adult, £18 per child including camping fees and
      > Saturday's banquet.
      >
      > Deposit: 50% per person non-refundable due by 10th August AT THE
      LATEST

      www.pflondon.org - for info on Rituals & socials of the PF London.