Croydon Crows Medieval Pagan Camp

  • bluemoonwytch
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 16 9:20 AM

      We will be holding our first Pagan Camp in Park Farm Campsite in Bodium near the beautiful castle on the weekend of Friday 17th – Sunday 19th August 2007. There will be a medieval banquet on the Saturday night where you will have the chance to dress in your medieval finery and dance around the camp fire and this is included in the price! The banquet will include a main course (please let me know if you're a veggie), dessert and a glass of wine. Please feel free to bring extra wine with you if a glass won't do! We will have a camp fire on the Friday night as well, when we hope to do an `Earth Healing Ritual' so don't forget to bring your drums and suchlike along to make merry.

      There is also a medieval theme at the castle that weekend when on the Friday you can try your hand at archery and on both the Saturday and Sunday you can 'Meet the Miller and help the cook' at the Medieval Costumed Interpretation Weekend. Take a look at http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/main/w-vh/w-visits/w-events/w-events-find_event.htm?propertyID=106 for more details. There is a very nice pub near the castle which serves great food if you don't fancy cooking for yourself on the Friday or Sunday, and there are a couple of other pubs near the campsite too.

      The campsite is large and child-friendly with a play area, and has showers and toilet facilities. It is also camper friendly and has a river along side it.

      Although we need to know numbers as soon as possible, the 50% deposit is not due until 10th August. Cheques or postal orders to be made payable to Mrs R A Bird and sent to: 1 Bourne Cottages, Whyteleafe Hill, Whyteleafe, Surrey , CR3 0AA . If you prefer to pay by credit card then please call Glenn on 07885 114453.

      What you will need to bring:

      Yourself and any friends or family that would like a fab time!

      Something to sleep under (tent)

      Something to sleep in (sleeping bag)

      Something to sit on (chair)

      Food and cooker for other meals

      Usual camping stuff

      Medieval finery

      Date: Friday 17th – Sunday 19th August 2007

      Place: Park Farm Campsite, Bodium

      Cost: £32 per adult, £18 per child including camping fees and Saturday's banquet.

      Deposit: 50% per person non-refundable due by 10th August AT THE LATEST

      Contact details: camping@... or Glenn on 07885 114453

    • bluemoonwytch
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 9, 2007
        Hello campers! Hi-de-hi! :-)
        The good news is that we are in for a heatwave starting in the
        middle of August - HOORAY! - but don't forget that it is the last
        few days to let me know if you will be coming to this camp. Glenn is
        busy making a large table for the banquet which will ceremoniously
        be burned on the fire afterwards, but I'd like to make him sweat a
        bit more and insist he makes a HUGE one instead. Our serving wenches
        and court jester are at the ready too!
        We will have loads of fun.
        See you all soon
        Bekie

        - --- In croydoncrows@yahoogroups.com, "bluemoonwytch"
        <bekie.bird@...> wrote:

        > We will be holding our first Pagan Camp in Park Farm Campsite in
        Bodium
        > near the beautiful castle on the weekend of Friday 17th – Sunday
        > 19th August 2007. There will be a medieval banquet on the Saturday
        night
        > where you will have the chance to dress in your medieval finery and
        > dance around the camp fire and this is included in the price! The
        > banquet will include a main course (please let me know if you're a
        > veggie), dessert and a glass of wine. Please feel free to bring
        extra
        > wine with you if a glass won't do! We will have a camp fire on the
        > Friday night as well, when we hope to do an `Earth Healing
        > Ritual' so don't forget to bring your drums and suchlike along
        > to make merry.
        >
        > There is also a medieval theme at the castle that weekend when on
        the
        > Friday you can try your hand at archery and on both the Saturday
        and
        > Sunday you can 'Meet the Miller and help the cook' at the Medieval
        > Costumed Interpretation Weekend. Take a look at
        > http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/main/w-vh/w-visits/w-events/w-
        events-fin\
        > d_event.htm?propertyID=106
        > <http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/main/w-vh/w-visits/w-events/w-
        events-fi\
        > nd_event.htm?propertyID=106> for more details. There is a very
        nice pub
        > near the castle which serves great food if you don't fancy cooking
        > for yourself on the Friday or Sunday, and there are a couple of
        other
        > pubs near the campsite too.
        >
        > The campsite is large and child-friendly with a play area, and has
        > showers and toilet facilities. It is also camper friendly and has a
        > river along side it.
        >
        > Although we need to know numbers as soon as possible, the 50%
        deposit is
        > not due until 10th August. Cheques or postal orders to be made
        payable
        > to Mrs R A Bird and sent to: 1 Bourne Cottages, Whyteleafe Hill,
        > Whyteleafe, Surrey, CR3 0AA. If you prefer to pay by credit card
        then
        > please call Glenn on 07885 114453.
        >
        > What you will need to bring:
        >
        > Yourself and any friends or family that would like a fab time!
        >
        > Something to sleep under (tent)
        >
        > Something to sleep in (sleeping bag)
        >
        > Something to sit on (chair)
        >
        > Food and cooker for other meals
        >
        > Usual camping stuff
        >
        > Medieval finery
        >
        > Date: Friday 17th – Sunday 19th August 2007
        >
        > Place: Park Farm Campsite, Bodium
        >
        > Cost: £32 per adult, £18 per child including camping fees and
        > Saturday's banquet.
        >
        > Deposit: 50% per person non-refundable due by 10th August AT THE
        LATEST

        > Contact details: camping@...
        > <mailto:camping@...> or Glenn on 07885 114453

      • Mani Navasothy
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 10, 2007
          Oooh, serving wenches? sounds great..
          but alas, I can't make it..  Oldest uncle's birthday in Kent.. big family event that weekend.. sorry..
          hugs
          -mani

          ps. save a serving wench for me.. I'll collect later :-p

          pps. I am sending in my representative- The fanouse Reggie `Loose cannon' Kwan'..  :-)

          www.pflondon.org - for info on Rituals & socials of the PF London.