PF London- Midsummer & forthcoming indoor/outdoor events- summer-autumn

  • Mani Navasothy
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 12, 2007

      here are the details of 4 of the forthcoming PF London events..  indoor midsummer (june, conway hall), outdoor midsummer (june, Crohamhurst, south croydon), Pagan Picnic (July, Queen's wood, N.London), and outdoor Autumn Gathering (September, Richmond park).

      I shall be updating the PF London website (www.pflondon.org) with some maps & directions in the next few days.

      For location/ maps of these venues where we will be holding  outdoor gatherings/ meeting, please contact us by e-mail ( info @ pflondon.org ) or see our PF London website: www. pflondon. org.
      ------------

      1. Outdoor Midsummer Gathering (Croham Hurst, South Croydon).

      Sunday 17th June.  1pm onwards.
      Free Event. Please bring any masks, drums, small musical instruments and ofcourse plenty of food & drinks to share for this outdoor celebration.

      This is the second of our quarterly outdoor woodland festive gatherings- an event for all the family and friends to celebrate midsummer at the top of an old Bronze aged Circular Barrow (hill) with it's own woodlands.. in South Croydon area. There we will be gathering at the top (steep climb..) for ritual, picnic and social..  Croham Hurst is accessible by bus 412 from East Croydon & South Croydon Railway Stations. Main path entrance to woods is on Upper Selsdon Road (B275) just opposite the off- road `West Hill'.   Buses from Central Croydon take 10-15 minutes only). We will be collecting people from East Croydon BR station between 12.15pm- 12.30pm, and then taking the bus together.  Please be on time..).

      2. Indoor Midsummer Ritual (conway Hall, Holborn).

      PFL Indoor Midsummer ritual
      Friday 22nd June. 8pm Conway Hall.
      £5 waged. £4 unwaged/ PF members.
      Please bring plenty of wine and food to share!! This is a celebration and a feast!!

      At this special midsummer event,  PF London events team will faciliate a ritual where 18-20 people from the attending will be invited to play small roles. The ritual calls to the Sun at it's many aspects, and seeks the blessings of the 12 Zodiac signs. We will be using solar rune chants to imbue charms and then exchange them with each other. If you like to participate, please arrive early and talk to the PF London Events Team! (or contact Mani in advance by phone 077689 41373 or e-mail:  mani @ pflondon.org ).

      3. `Dance of the Phoenix- Pagan Picnic' (Queen's Wood, High Gate).

      Saturday 14th July. 2pm till late.
      Queen's Wood, Wood Lane (off A1- Archway Road), Nortyh London. Tube: High Gate Tube, Northern Line.  Newcomers meet-up at the Woodman's Pub near the tube at 1.30pm. We'll come and collect you.

      This is the 3rd annual Pagan Picnic, drawing together all the pagans in London, for a big picnic and social- with BBQs, informal stalls (bring your art & craft items and sell on the grass), practical workshops, summer games, woodland tree-trails and general merriment till the late hours.. and then the fun really begins!!   If you like to help facilitate any fun-filled activities, please contact us in advance.  There will be a special `Swearing on the Horns'- an old forgotten ritual that is being resurrected, to show our allegience to the sovereignty of the Land!

      4. Outdoor Autumn Gathering (Richmond Park).

      Sunday 9th September. Meeting point- 1pm- Richmond Gate. Take tube/trains to Richmond, then take a bus on the same side as tube station going towards `Star & Garter Hill' (entrance on this road). We will make our way to a convenient spot for the ritual and socials..and hopefully do some Deer-spotting!

      Kinship & Solar Blessings
      -Mani

      Deputy District Manager
      Pagan Federation London