Re: [croydoncrows] Introducing.. London Woody Walks .. sunday 13th may

  • Mani Navasothy
    Message 1 of 8 , May 9, 2007
      Hi Geoff,

      welcome..to the list..

      My friends & I are the `pf london events' team.. and we mainly handle events..in central london..or london wide..  Unfortunately, by the absence of response from this list to your query, i think it's probably a case that no one knows of any groups in your area (that doesn't mean there isn't a group).

      Your best bet is to look at a copy of `Pagan Dawn' (beltane issue just got published)..  It has the `green pages'.. with info on all the groups, courses, moots..that people openly publicise.. and you may find an advert for a group in your area..

      sorry, that's the best way forward I can think of..

      geoff courtney <geoff5@...> wrote:
      That sounds great. As someone that has just joined the group, just for my own information, is there a pagan group near me. I live in Redhill.

      Geoff.

      Message 2 of 8 , May 9, 2007
        Hi all!
        Well, Glenn and I live very near Redhill and would definately be up
        for starting a new group there if anyone thinks that's a good idea -
        I'm sure we could make the sacrifice for another night at the
        pub! :o)
        BB
        Bekie

        --- In croydoncrows@yahoogroups.com, Mani Navasothy <hern3000@...>
        wrote:

        > Hi Geoff,
        >
        > welcome..to the list..
        >
        > My friends & I are the `pf london events' team.. and we mainly
        handle events..in central london..or london wide.. Unfortunately,
        by the absence of response from this list to your query, i think
        it's probably a case that no one knows of any groups in your area
        (that doesn't mean there isn't a group).

        > Your best bet is to look at a copy of `Pagan Dawn' (beltane
        issue just got published).. It has the `green pages'.. with info on
        all the groups, courses, moots..that people openly publicise.. and
        you may find an advert for a group in your area..

        > sorry, that's the best way forward I can think of..
        >
        > BB
        > -Mani
        >

        > geoff courtney <geoff5@...> wrote:
        > That sounds great. As someone that has just
        joined the group, just for my own information, is there a pagan
        group near me. I live in Redhill.

        > Geoff.

        sunday 13th may

        > Dear all,
        >
        > As summer approaches, we are starting a regular outdoor
        event.. `London Woody Walks' :-).. the moot with walking boots!!!

        > This is a monthly outdoor social/walk/ exploratory event.. for
        all the people who like more outdoor time (we are nature loving
        pagans after all). It's all informal.. We will be walking/
        exploring a different woodland/ park each month.. So location will
        change.. People who like to join may join. meet up at a pre-fixed
        place (nearby station for each location))..and get going.. Everyone
        can bring their own snacks/food/drink. all self-sustaining.. But
        along the way we will stop for breaks.. either picnics or at nearby
        pubs for lunch etc..

        > What's brilliant is that Adrian (Dragon Environment Network)
        who's been planning to re-start Dragon-Walks, is joing forces with
        us on this.. so that we do one consolidated regular walk. With
        years of outdoor magical/ nature experiences, he's fantastically
        placed to take us on some wonderful places..

        > Is it official? is it PF London? is it Dragon Network event? is
        it a private plans to take over the scene.. ? Well, we are not
        sure, and we don't care.. we just want a simple outdoor no-fuss
        regular walk..with fellow nature-loving pagans..

        > Some walks will be nearby.. walks willbe 2-3 hours long.. plus
        breaks.. Others may be about 1 hour travel from london..but always
        close to a public transport..

        > THE FIRST WALK-
        >
        > Epping Forest, North London.
        >
        > Sunday 13th May
        >
        > Meet-up at Chigford BR station.. 1,45pm for 2pm start (so get
        there before 2 pm please).

        > Please bring your own snacks/ food/drinks.. If the weather
        looks to be a bit wet n windy, please bring sensible cloths and foot-
        wear..!

        > If you are definitely coming, please let us know (not
        essential..but it helps to plan).
        > Just mail me privately..
        >
        > Looking forward to it..
        >
        > Bright Blessings
        > -Mani & April & Adrian
        >
        > ps. Next walks:
        > sunday 10th June, & sunday 22nd July.
        > (location tbc later).
        >

        > ----------------------------------
        > www.pflondon.org - for info on Rituals & socials of the PF London.
        > The Pagan Federation is a not for profit company, limited by
        guarantee. The Pagan Federation Ltd. Company No. 4056879 registered
        in England & Wales. Registered Office: Town Farm, Tibshelf,
        Derbyshire, UK DE55 5NY.
        > ---------------------------------
        > Copy addresses and emails from any email account to Yahoo! Mail -
        quick, easy and free. Do it now...

        > ----------------------------------
        > www.pflondon.org - for info on Rituals & socials of the PF London.
        > The Pagan Federation is a not for profit company, limited by
        guarantee. The Pagan Federation Ltd. Company No. 4056879 registered
        in England & Wales. Registered Office: Town Farm, Tibshelf,
        Derbyshire, UK DE55 5NY.

        > ---------------------------------
        > Yahoo! Mail is the world's favourite email. Don't settle for
        less, sign up for your freeaccount today.

      • geoff courtney
        Message 3 of 8 , May 9, 2007
          Hi Bekie,

          This is all new to me and as far as I know I`m the only person in Redhill that's interested in knowing more about paganism. The idea of a new group would certainly interest me.

          Geoff.

          wrote:

          > Hi Geoff,
          >
          > welcome..to the list..
          >
          > My friends & I are the `pf london events' team.. and we mainly
          handle events..in central london..or london wide.. Unfortunately,
          by the absence of response from this list to your query, i think
          it's probably a case that no one knows of any groups in your area
          (that doesn't mean there isn't a group).

          > Your best bet is to look at a copy of `Pagan Dawn' (beltane
          issue just got published).. It has the `green pages'.. with info on
          all the groups, courses, moots..that people openly publicise.. and
          you may find an advert for a group in your area..

          > sorry, that's the best way forward I can think of..
          >
          > BB
          > -Mani
          >

          > geoff courtney <geoff5@...> wrote:
          > That sounds great. As someone that has just
          joined the group, just for my own information, is there a pagan
          group near me. I live in Redhill.

          > Geoff.

        • bluemoonwytch
          Message 4 of 8 , May 9, 2007
            Ah-Ha!
            Well, I'll have a chat with those who need chatting to then and see
            what I can come up with!
            :o)
            Watch this space.....

            --- In croydoncrows@yahoogroups.com, "geoff courtney" <geoff5@...>
            wrote:

            > Hi Bekie,
            >
            > This is all new to me and as far as I know I`m the only person in
            Redhill
            > that's interested in knowing more about paganism. The idea of a
            new group
            > would certainly interest me.
            >
            > Geoff.

            sunday 13th

            Message 5 of 8 , May 10, 2007
              Hey, this is all good stuff..
              Just wondering if Geoff was asking about a `pub/social moot' type of group.. or a more involved regular `working magical group'?   Geoff, any clarifications?

              Mani
              xx

              wrote:

              > Hi Bekie,
              >
              > This is all new to me and as far as I know I`m the only person in
              Redhill
              > that's interested in knowing more about paganism. The idea of a
              new group
              > would certainly interest me.
              >
              > Geoff.

              All New Yahoo! Mail – Tired of unwanted email come-ons? Let our SpamGuard protect you.

            • geoff courtney
              Message 6 of 8 , May 10, 2007
                I don`t really know Mani. I do not know enough about paganism. I am however interested to learn more about it.

                Geoff