Introducing.. London Woody Walks .. sunday 13th may

  • Mani Navasothy
    Message 1 of 8 , May 9, 2007

      As summer approaches, we are starting a regular outdoor event..   `London Woody Walks' :-).. the moot with walking boots!!!

      This is a monthly outdoor social/walk/ exploratory event.. for all the people who like more outdoor time (we are nature loving pagans after all). It's all informal..  We will be walking/ exploring a different woodland/ park each month.. So location will change..  People who like to join may join. meet up at a pre-fixed place (nearby station for each location))..and get going..  Everyone can bring their own snacks/food/drink. all self-sustaining..   But along the way we will stop for breaks.. either picnics or at nearby pubs for lunch etc..

      What's brilliant is that Adrian (Dragon Environment Network) who's been planning to re-start Dragon-Walks, is joing forces with us on this..  so that we do one consolidated regular walk. With years of outdoor  magical/ nature experiences, he's fantastically placed to take us on some wonderful places..

      Is it official? is it PF London? is it Dragon Network event? is it a private plans to take over the scene.. ?  Well, we are not sure, and we don't care..   we just want a simple outdoor no-fuss regular walk..with fellow nature-loving pagans..

      Some walks will be nearby..  walks willbe 2-3 hours long.. plus breaks.. Others may be about 1 hour travel from london..but always close to a public transport..

      THE FIRST WALK-

      Epping Forest, North London.

      Sunday 13th May

      Meet-up at Chigford BR station.. 1,45pm for 2pm start (so get there before 2 pm please).

      Please bring your own snacks/ food/drinks..  If the weather looks to be a bit wet n windy, please bring sensible cloths and foot-wear..!

      If you are definitely coming, please let us know (not essential..but it helps to plan).
      Just mail me privately..

      Looking forward to it..

      Bright Blessings
      -Mani &  April & Adrian

      ps. Next walks:
       sunday 10th June, & sunday 22nd July.
      (location tbc later).

      ----------------------------------
      www.pflondon.org - for info on Rituals & socials of the PF London.

      Copy addresses and emails from any email account to Yahoo! Mail - quick, easy and free. Do it now...

    • geoff courtney
      Message 2 of 8 , May 9, 2007
        That sounds great. As someone that has just joined the group, just for my own information, is there a pagan group near me. I live in Redhill.

        Geoff.

        ------------ --------- --------- ----
        www.pflondon. org - for info on Rituals & socials of the PF London.
        ------------ --------- --------- --------- ---

        Message 3 of 8 , May 9, 2007
          Hi Geoff,

          welcome..to the list..

          My friends & I are the `pf london events' team.. and we mainly handle events..in central london..or london wide..  Unfortunately, by the absence of response from this list to your query, i think it's probably a case that no one knows of any groups in your area (that doesn't mean there isn't a group).

          Your best bet is to look at a copy of `Pagan Dawn' (beltane issue just got published)..  It has the `green pages'.. with info on all the groups, courses, moots..that people openly publicise.. and you may find an advert for a group in your area..

          sorry, that's the best way forward I can think of..

          Message 4 of 8 , May 9, 2007
            Hi all!
            Well, Glenn and I live very near Redhill and would definately be up
            for starting a new group there if anyone thinks that's a good idea -
            I'm sure we could make the sacrifice for another night at the
            pub! :o)
            BB
            Bekie

            --- In croydoncrows@yahoogroups.com, Mani Navasothy <hern3000@...>
            wrote:

            > Hi Geoff,
            >
            > welcome..to the list..
            >
            > My friends & I are the `pf london events' team.. and we mainly
            handle events..in central london..or london wide.. Unfortunately,
            by the absence of response from this list to your query, i think
            it's probably a case that no one knows of any groups in your area
            (that doesn't mean there isn't a group).

            > Your best bet is to look at a copy of `Pagan Dawn' (beltane
            issue just got published).. It has the `green pages'.. with info on
            all the groups, courses, moots..that people openly publicise.. and
            you may find an advert for a group in your area..

            > sorry, that's the best way forward I can think of..
            >
            > BB
            > -Mani
            >

            > geoff courtney <geoff5@...> wrote:
            > That sounds great. As someone that has just
            joined the group, just for my own information, is there a pagan
            group near me. I live in Redhill.

            > Geoff.

            sunday 13th may

            > Dear all,
            >
            > As summer approaches, we are starting a regular outdoor
            event.. `London Woody Walks' :-).. the moot with walking boots!!!

            > This is a monthly outdoor social/walk/ exploratory event.. for
            all the people who like more outdoor time (we are nature loving
            pagans after all). It's all informal.. We will be walking/
            exploring a different woodland/ park each month.. So location will
            change.. People who like to join may join. meet up at a pre-fixed
            place (nearby station for each location))..and get going.. Everyone
            can bring their own snacks/food/drink. all self-sustaining.. But
            along the way we will stop for breaks.. either picnics or at nearby
            pubs for lunch etc..

            > What's brilliant is that Adrian (Dragon Environment Network)
            who's been planning to re-start Dragon-Walks, is joing forces with
            us on this.. so that we do one consolidated regular walk. With
            years of outdoor magical/ nature experiences, he's fantastically
            placed to take us on some wonderful places..

            > Is it official? is it PF London? is it Dragon Network event? is
            it a private plans to take over the scene.. ? Well, we are not
            sure, and we don't care.. we just want a simple outdoor no-fuss
            regular walk..with fellow nature-loving pagans..

            > Some walks will be nearby.. walks willbe 2-3 hours long.. plus
            breaks.. Others may be about 1 hour travel from london..but always
            close to a public transport..

            > THE FIRST WALK-
            >
            > Epping Forest, North London.
            >
            > Sunday 13th May
            >
            > Meet-up at Chigford BR station.. 1,45pm for 2pm start (so get
            there before 2 pm please).

            > Please bring your own snacks/ food/drinks.. If the weather
            looks to be a bit wet n windy, please bring sensible cloths and foot-
            wear..!

            > If you are definitely coming, please let us know (not
            essential..but it helps to plan).
            > Just mail me privately..
            >
            > Looking forward to it..
            >
            > Bright Blessings
            > -Mani & April & Adrian
            >
            > ps. Next walks:
            > sunday 10th June, & sunday 22nd July.
            > (location tbc later).
            >

            > ----------------------------------
            > www.pflondon.org - for info on Rituals & socials of the PF London.
            > The Pagan Federation is a not for profit company, limited by
            guarantee. The Pagan Federation Ltd. Company No. 4056879 registered
            in England & Wales. Registered Office: Town Farm, Tibshelf,
            Derbyshire, UK DE55 5NY.
            > ---------------------------------
            > Copy addresses and emails from any email account to Yahoo! Mail -
            quick, easy and free. Do it now...

            > ----------------------------------
            > www.pflondon.org - for info on Rituals & socials of the PF London.
            > The Pagan Federation is a not for profit company, limited by
            guarantee. The Pagan Federation Ltd. Company No. 4056879 registered
            in England & Wales. Registered Office: Town Farm, Tibshelf,
            Derbyshire, UK DE55 5NY.

            > ---------------------------------
            > Yahoo! Mail is the world's favourite email. Don't settle for
            less, sign up for your freeaccount today.

          • geoff courtney
            Message 5 of 8 , May 9, 2007
              Hi Bekie,

              This is all new to me and as far as I know I`m the only person in Redhill that's interested in knowing more about paganism. The idea of a new group would certainly interest me.

              Geoff.

              Message 6 of 8 , May 9, 2007
                Ah-Ha!
                Well, I'll have a chat with those who need chatting to then and see
                what I can come up with!
                :o)
                Watch this space.....

                --- In croydoncrows@yahoogroups.com, "geoff courtney" <geoff5@...>
                wrote:

                > Hi Bekie,
                >
                > This is all new to me and as far as I know I`m the only person in
                Redhill
                > that's interested in knowing more about paganism. The idea of a
                new group
                > would certainly interest me.
                >
                > Geoff.

                sunday 13th

                Message 7 of 8 , May 10, 2007
                  Hey, this is all good stuff..
                  Just wondering if Geoff was asking about a `pub/social moot' type of group.. or a more involved regular `working magical group'?   Geoff, any clarifications?

                  Mani
                  xx

                  wrote:

                  > Hi Bekie,
                  >
                  > This is all new to me and as far as I know I`m the only person in
                  Redhill
                  > that's interested in knowing more about paganism. The idea of a
                  new group
                  > would certainly interest me.
                  >
                  > Geoff.

                  All New Yahoo! Mail – Tired of unwanted email come-ons? Let our SpamGuard protect you.

                • geoff courtney
                  Message 8 of 8 , May 10, 2007
                    I don`t really know Mani. I do not know enough about paganism. I am however interested to learn more about it.

                    Geoff