Re: PF London: Outdoor Midsummer ritual at Croham Hurst?

  • emyfleur
    Message 1 of 9 , May 3 5:24 AM
      Hello,
      Have been deep into other things for a while, and thank you to Paul
      for keeping me in the loop by posting info.

      I would love to take part into this outdoor event, 17th June is a
      good date, according to my diary!, just after the new moon.

      Anyone driving there from Catford?

      Cheers!

      --- In croydoncrows@yahoogroups.com, Mani Navasothy <hern3000@...>
      wrote:

      > Dear all,
      >
      > Just pondering about few things.. one of which is the PF London
      outdoor (quarterly) festive gatherings.. This year, these are being
      billed as family friendly local events.. aimed at gathering people
      and groups of each `quarter' of London..- ie making it easy so
      everyone can make atleast 1-2 events ..if it's closer to them
      area.. (last year, all of them were in Queen's wood, north london..)

      > We had the spring event at Oxleas woods (east).. and the summer
      gathering would be ideal in the south.. I was thinking of holding it
      at Croham Hurst (south Croydon)..

      > There's a few other stuff going on in June..(2 handfastings.. a
      course that I am running etc) in the later 3 weeks of June.. so only
      ideal time seems to be Sunday 17th June.

      > What do you all think? If everyone is supportive, we can
      conjure up a simple informal ritual and an afternoon/ evening of
      social/ picnic up there.. (advantage of summer.. long day!)

      > Alternative location is Wimbledon.. or no event at all.. but I
      am keen - personally- to do this in Croydon.. as a way of
      stregnthening PF presence in croydon.. and to ensure `other groups'
      don't think they have a full dominion over Croydon.. It's time we
      started building our empires stringly.. ground up!!!

      > We are riding on the wave of the success of the Gaia3 PF London
      convention.. and have to strike while iron is hot..

      > your thoughts, ideas, any volunteers to organise this? :-)
      >
      > love n bb
      > -Mani

      > www.pflondon.org - for info on Rituals & socials of the PF London.
      > The Pagan Federation is a not for profit company, limited by
      guarantee. The Pagan Federation Ltd. Company No. 4056879 registered
      in England & Wales. Registered Office: Town Farm, Tibshelf,
      Derbyshire, UK DE55 5NY.

      > Yahoo! Mail is the world's favourite email. Don't settle for
      less, sign up for your freeaccount today.