Re: [croydoncrows] PF London: Outdoor Midsummer ritual at Croham Hurst?

  • Mani Navasothy
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 30, 2007
      erm.. that should read..
      "..It's time we started building our empires `strongly'..  (not stringly) "
      :-)
      Mani

      Mani Navasothy <hern3000@...> wrote:
      Dear all,

      Just pondering about few things.. one of which is the PF London outdoor (quarterly) festive gatherings.. This year, these are being billed as family friendly local events.. aimed at gathering people and groups of each `quarter' of London..- ie making it easy so everyone can make atleast 1-2 events ..if it's closer to them area..  (last year, all of them were in Queen's wood, north london..)

      We had the spring event at Oxleas woods (east).. and the summer gathering would be ideal in the south.. I was thinking of holding it at Croham Hurst (south Croydon)..

      There's a few other stuff going on in June..(2 handfastings. . a course that I am running etc) in the later 3 weeks of June.. so only ideal time seems to be Sunday 17th June.

      What do you all think?  If everyone is supportive, we can conjure up a simple informal ritual and an afternoon/ evening of social/ picnic up there.. (advantage of summer.. long day!)

      Alternative location is Wimbledon.. or no event at all.. but I am keen - personally- to do this in Croydon.. as a way of stregnthening PF presence in croydon.. and to ensure `other groups' don't think they have a full dominion over Croydon..  It's time we started building our empires stringly.. ground up!!!

      We are riding on the wave of the success of the Gaia3 PF London convention.. and have to strike while iron is hot..

      your thoughts, ideas, any volunteers to organise this? :-)

      love n bb
      -Mani

      ------------ --------- --------- ----
      www.pflondon. org - for info on Rituals & socials of the PF London.
      ------------ --------- --------- --------- ---

      ----------------------------------
      www.pflondon.org - for info on Rituals & socials of the PF London.

    • Heather Wood
      Message 2 of 9 , May 1, 2007
        Hi Mani,

        Happy to help out with this one as I'm Croydon based. Sounds like it will be fun! We'll show the 'other groups' a thing or 2...

        BB

        Heather

          Message 4 of 9 , May 1, 2007
            Hi Mani,

            I`d be happy to help. Not working at the mo, however this situation
            can change any time + we are doing our house up... How much
            contribution are you looking to get? I could give a hand with little
            bits and pieces.

            Blessings,
            Yulia

            Message 5 of 9 , May 2, 2007
              Hia Yulia

              (all hail the May Queen from last thursday's PF beltane ritual! :-)

              Good to see you here.. welcome..

              The contributions I was looking for is really lots of support and enthusiasm form everyone.. to aactually attend, join in with the event, help out with a few bits and pieces on the day.. and if we do a ritual.. then maybe even take a small or large (main or supportive) part in the ritual..   Am sure you'll be fine..

              The event is in June, so hopefully you'll have a sunday afternoon free from the house decorations? :-) Feel free to bring ya hubby.. as it'll be a fun afternoon..with lots of informal bits..

              hopefully see you at the croydon moot in few weeks..

              Bright Belaten Full moon Blessings
              -Mani

              Yulia <yulia8119@...> wrote:
              Hi Mani,

              I`d be happy to help. Not working at the mo, however this situation
              can change any time + we are doing our house up... How much
              contribution are you looking to get? I could give a hand with little
              bits and pieces.

              Blessings,
              Yulia

              > Mani Navasothy <hern3000@.. .> wrote:
              > Dear all,
              >

              > There's a few other stuff going on in June..(2 handfastings. . a
              course that I am running etc) in the later 3 weeks of June.. so only
              ideal time seems to be Sunday 17th June.

              > What do you all think? If everyone is supportive, we can conjure
              up a simple informal ritual and an afternoon/ evening of social/
              picnic up there.. (advantage of summer.. long day!)

              ----------------------------------
              www.pflondon.org - for info on Rituals & socials of the PF London.

            • Michilla Regan
              Message 6 of 9 , May 2, 2007
                Hi Mani and all

                Count me in too...I'd be happy to help. Don't mind what I do so just let me know nearer the time.

                Micki

                Message 7 of 9 , May 2, 2007
                  Hi there,

                  Yeah and feel like the Queen - paint brush in my hands and wearing
                  overalls.. Very creative work ;-)

                  That`s fine, happy to help.

                  Should be coming to the moot, both of us.

                  BB.

                  --- In croydoncrows@yahoogroups.com, Mani Navasothy <hern3000@...> wrote:

                  > Hia Yulia
                  >
                  > (all hail the May Queen from last thursday's PF beltane ritual! :-)
                  >
                  > Good to see you here.. welcome..
                  >
                  > The contributions I was looking for is really lots of support and
                  enthusiasm form everyone.. to aactually attend, join in with the
                  event, help out with a few bits and pieces on the day.. and if we do a
                  ritual.. then maybe even take a small or large (main or supportive)
                  part in the ritual.. Am sure you'll be fine..

                  > The event is in June, so hopefully you'll have a sunday afternoon
                  free from the house decorations? :-) Feel free to bring ya hubby.. as
                  it'll be a fun afternoon..with lots of informal bits..

                  > hopefully see you at the croydon moot in few weeks..
                  >
                  > Bright Belaten Full moon Blessings
                  > -Mani
                  >

                  > Yulia <yulia8119@...> wrote:
                  > Hi Mani,
                  >
                  > I`d be happy to help. Not working at the mo, however this situation
                  > can change any time + we are doing our house up... How much
                  > contribution are you looking to get? I could give a hand with little
                  > bits and pieces.
                  >
                  > Blessings,
                  > Yulia
                  >
                  > > Mani Navasothy <hern3000@> wrote:
                  > > Dear all,
                  > >

                  > > There's a few other stuff going on in June..(2 handfastings.. a
                  > course that I am running etc) in the later 3 weeks of June.. so only
                  > ideal time seems to be Sunday 17th June.
                  > >
                  > > What do you all think? If everyone is supportive, we can conjure
                  > up a simple informal ritual and an afternoon/ evening of social/
                  > picnic up there.. (advantage of summer.. long day!)
                  > >

                  > ----------------------------------
                  > www.pflondon.org - for info on Rituals & socials of the PF London.
                  > The Pagan Federation is a not for profit company, limited by
                  guarantee. The Pagan Federation Ltd. Company No. 4056879 registered in
                  England & Wales. Registered Office: Town Farm, Tibshelf, Derbyshire,
                  UK DE55 5NY.

                  > ---------------------------------
                  > Yahoo! Answers - Got a question? Someone out there knows the
                  answer. Tryit now.

                • emyfleur
                  Message 8 of 9 , May 3, 2007
                    Hello,
                    Have been deep into other things for a while, and thank you to Paul
                    for keeping me in the loop by posting info.

                    I would love to take part into this outdoor event, 17th June is a
                    good date, according to my diary!, just after the new moon.

                    Anyone driving there from Catford?

                    Cheers!

                    wrote:

                    > Dear all,
                    >
                    > Just pondering about few things.. one of which is the PF London
                    outdoor (quarterly) festive gatherings.. This year, these are being
                    billed as family friendly local events.. aimed at gathering people
                    and groups of each `quarter' of London..- ie making it easy so
                    everyone can make atleast 1-2 events ..if it's closer to them
                    area.. (last year, all of them were in Queen's wood, north london..)

                    > We had the spring event at Oxleas woods (east).. and the summer
                    gathering would be ideal in the south.. I was thinking of holding it
                    at Croham Hurst (south Croydon)..

                    > There's a few other stuff going on in June..(2 handfastings.. a
                    course that I am running etc) in the later 3 weeks of June.. so only
                    ideal time seems to be Sunday 17th June.

                    > What do you all think? If everyone is supportive, we can
                    conjure up a simple informal ritual and an afternoon/ evening of
                    social/ picnic up there.. (advantage of summer.. long day!)

                    > Alternative location is Wimbledon.. or no event at all.. but I
                    am keen - personally- to do this in Croydon.. as a way of
                    stregnthening PF presence in croydon.. and to ensure `other groups'
                    don't think they have a full dominion over Croydon.. It's time we
                    started building our empires stringly.. ground up!!!

                    > We are riding on the wave of the success of the Gaia3 PF London
                    convention.. and have to strike while iron is hot..

                    > your thoughts, ideas, any volunteers to organise this? :-)
                    >
                    > love n bb
                    > -Mani

                    > www.pflondon.org - for info on Rituals & socials of the PF London.
                    > The Pagan Federation is a not for profit company, limited by
                    guarantee. The Pagan Federation Ltd. Company No. 4056879 registered
                    in England & Wales. Registered Office: Town Farm, Tibshelf,
                    Derbyshire, UK DE55 5NY.

                    > Yahoo! Mail is the world's favourite email. Don't settle for
                    less, sign up for your freeaccount today.