PF London: Outdoor Midsummer ritual at Croham Hurst?

  • Mani Navasothy
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 30, 2007

      Just pondering about few things.. one of which is the PF London outdoor (quarterly) festive gatherings.. This year, these are being billed as family friendly local events.. aimed at gathering people and groups of each `quarter' of London..- ie making it easy so everyone can make atleast 1-2 events ..if it's closer to them area..  (last year, all of them were in Queen's wood, north london..)

      We had the spring event at Oxleas woods (east).. and the summer gathering would be ideal in the south.. I was thinking of holding it at Croham Hurst (south Croydon)..

      There's a few other stuff going on in June..(2 handfastings.. a course that I am running etc) in the later 3 weeks of June.. so only ideal time seems to be Sunday 17th June.

      What do you all think?  If everyone is supportive, we can conjure up a simple informal ritual and an afternoon/ evening of social/ picnic up there.. (advantage of summer.. long day!)

      Alternative location is Wimbledon.. or no event at all.. but I am keen - personally- to do this in Croydon.. as a way of stregnthening PF presence in croydon.. and to ensure `other groups' don't think they have a full dominion over Croydon..  It's time we started building our empires stringly.. ground up!!!

      We are riding on the wave of the success of the Gaia3 PF London convention.. and have to strike while iron is hot..

      your thoughts, ideas, any volunteers to organise this? :-)

      love n bb
      -Mani

      ----------------------------------
      www.pflondon.org - for info on Rituals & socials of the PF London.

    • Mani Navasothy
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 30, 2007
        erm.. that should read..
        "..It's time we started building our empires `strongly'..  (not stringly) "
        :-)
        Mani

        Mani Navasothy <hern3000@...> wrote:
        Dear all,

[...]

        ------------ --------- --------- ----
        www.pflondon. org - for info on Rituals & socials of the PF London.
        ------------ --------- --------- --------- ---

        ----------------------------------
        www.pflondon.org - for info on Rituals & socials of the PF London.

      • Heather Wood
        Message 3 of 9 , May 1 2:51 AM
          Hi Mani,

          Happy to help out with this one as I'm Croydon based. Sounds like it will be fun! We'll show the 'other groups' a thing or 2...

          BB

          Heather

            Message 5 of 9 , May 1 3:21 PM
              Hi Mani,

              I`d be happy to help. Not working at the mo, however this situation
              can change any time + we are doing our house up... How much
              contribution are you looking to get? I could give a hand with little
              bits and pieces.

              Blessings,
              Yulia

              Message 6 of 9 , May 2 3:33 AM
                Hia Yulia

                (all hail the May Queen from last thursday's PF beltane ritual! :-)

                Good to see you here.. welcome..

                The contributions I was looking for is really lots of support and enthusiasm form everyone.. to aactually attend, join in with the event, help out with a few bits and pieces on the day.. and if we do a ritual.. then maybe even take a small or large (main or supportive) part in the ritual..   Am sure you'll be fine..

                The event is in June, so hopefully you'll have a sunday afternoon free from the house decorations? :-) Feel free to bring ya hubby.. as it'll be a fun afternoon..with lots of informal bits..

                hopefully see you at the croydon moot in few weeks..

                Bright Belaten Full moon Blessings
                -Mani

                Yulia <yulia8119@...> wrote:
                Hi Mani,

                I`d be happy to help. Not working at the mo, however this situation
                can change any time + we are doing our house up... How much
                contribution are you looking to get? I could give a hand with little
                bits and pieces.

                Blessings,
                Yulia

                > Mani Navasothy <hern3000@.. .> wrote:
                > Dear all,
                >

                > There's a few other stuff going on in June..(2 handfastings. . a
                course that I am running etc) in the later 3 weeks of June.. so only
                ideal time seems to be Sunday 17th June.

                > What do you all think? If everyone is supportive, we can conjure
                up a simple informal ritual and an afternoon/ evening of social/
                picnic up there.. (advantage of summer.. long day!)

                ----------------------------------
                www.pflondon.org - for info on Rituals & socials of the PF London.

              • Michilla Regan
                Message 7 of 9 , May 2 3:58 AM
                  Hi Mani and all

                  Count me in too...I'd be happy to help. Don't mind what I do so just let me know nearer the time.

                  Micki

                  Message 8 of 9 , May 2 11:18 AM
                    Hi there,

                    Yeah and feel like the Queen - paint brush in my hands and wearing
                    overalls.. Very creative work ;-)

                    That`s fine, happy to help.

                    Should be coming to the moot, both of us.

                    BB.

                    --- In croydoncrows@yahoogroups.com, Mani Navasothy <hern3000@...> wrote:

                    > Hia Yulia
                    >
                    > (all hail the May Queen from last thursday's PF beltane ritual! :-)
                    >
                    > Good to see you here.. welcome..
                    >
                    > The contributions I was looking for is really lots of support and
                    enthusiasm form everyone.. to aactually attend, join in with the
                    event, help out with a few bits and pieces on the day.. and if we do a
                    ritual.. then maybe even take a small or large (main or supportive)
                    part in the ritual.. Am sure you'll be fine..

                    > The event is in June, so hopefully you'll have a sunday afternoon
                    free from the house decorations? :-) Feel free to bring ya hubby.. as
                    it'll be a fun afternoon..with lots of informal bits..

                    > hopefully see you at the croydon moot in few weeks..
                    >
                    > Bright Belaten Full moon Blessings
                    > -Mani
                    >

                    > Yulia <yulia8119@...> wrote:
                    > Hi Mani,
                    >
                    > I`d be happy to help. Not working at the mo, however this situation
                    > can change any time + we are doing our house up... How much
                    > contribution are you looking to get? I could give a hand with little
                    > bits and pieces.
                    >
                    > Blessings,
                    > Yulia
                    >
                    > > Mani Navasothy <hern3000@> wrote:
                    > > Dear all,
                    > >

                    > > There's a few other stuff going on in June..(2 handfastings.. a
                    > course that I am running etc) in the later 3 weeks of June.. so only
                    > ideal time seems to be Sunday 17th June.
                    > >
                    > > What do you all think? If everyone is supportive, we can conjure
                    > up a simple informal ritual and an afternoon/ evening of social/
                    > picnic up there.. (advantage of summer.. long day!)
                    > >

                    > ----------------------------------
                    > www.pflondon.org - for info on Rituals & socials of the PF London.
                    > The Pagan Federation is a not for profit company, limited by
                    guarantee. The Pagan Federation Ltd. Company No. 4056879 registered in
                    England & Wales. Registered Office: Town Farm, Tibshelf, Derbyshire,
                    UK DE55 5NY.

                    > ---------------------------------
                    > Yahoo! Answers - Got a question? Someone out there knows the
                    answer. Tryit now.

                  • emyfleur
                    Message 9 of 9 , May 3 5:24 AM
                      Hello,
                      Have been deep into other things for a while, and thank you to Paul
                      for keeping me in the loop by posting info.

                      I would love to take part into this outdoor event, 17th June is a
                      good date, according to my diary!, just after the new moon.

                      Anyone driving there from Catford?

                      Cheers!

                      wrote:

                      > Dear all,
                      >
                      > Just pondering about few things.. one of which is the PF London
                      outdoor (quarterly) festive gatherings.. This year, these are being
                      billed as family friendly local events.. aimed at gathering people
                      and groups of each `quarter' of London..- ie making it easy so
                      everyone can make atleast 1-2 events ..if it's closer to them
                      area.. (last year, all of them were in Queen's wood, north london..)

                      > We had the spring event at Oxleas woods (east).. and the summer
                      gathering would be ideal in the south.. I was thinking of holding it
                      at Croham Hurst (south Croydon)..

                      > There's a few other stuff going on in June..(2 handfastings.. a
                      course that I am running etc) in the later 3 weeks of June.. so only
                      ideal time seems to be Sunday 17th June.

                      > What do you all think? If everyone is supportive, we can
                      conjure up a simple informal ritual and an afternoon/ evening of
                      social/ picnic up there.. (advantage of summer.. long day!)

                      > Alternative location is Wimbledon.. or no event at all.. but I
                      am keen - personally- to do this in Croydon.. as a way of
                      stregnthening PF presence in croydon.. and to ensure `other groups'
                      don't think they have a full dominion over Croydon.. It's time we
                      started building our empires stringly.. ground up!!!

                      > We are riding on the wave of the success of the Gaia3 PF London
                      convention.. and have to strike while iron is hot..

                      > your thoughts, ideas, any volunteers to organise this? :-)
                      >
                      > love n bb
                      > -Mani

                      > www.pflondon.org - for info on Rituals & socials of the PF London.
                      > The Pagan Federation is a not for profit company, limited by
                      guarantee. The Pagan Federation Ltd. Company No. 4056879 registered
                      in England & Wales. Registered Office: Town Farm, Tibshelf,
                      Derbyshire, UK DE55 5NY.

                      > Yahoo! Mail is the world's favourite email. Don't settle for
                      less, sign up for your freeaccount today.