Next Wiccan Full Moon Ritual (24th Feb) & Thames-Isis ritual (3rd March)

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 22, 2013
      Dear pagan friends,

      We have a couple of rituals coming up in London (among other things).
      Here are the details.  If any of you like to join us, drop me an e-mail or send a text.   Thanks.
      Bright Blessings
      -Mani & April

      mob: 077689-41373 (pls text if possible).

      1. Wiccan Full moon ritual - This Sunday 24th Feb, in the Woods (4pm-7pm) Details below.

      These Wicca Full moon Rituals are ideal for committed people interested in Wicca & Witchcraft. Most of these will take place on the evening of a Full moon, or a day on either side (including on a week day!). These will be outdoors in quiet parts of woods & parks we choose. The aim is to really connect with lunar energies, build trust with each other, and so do deeper magic.

      24th February Meeting: Cockfosters Tube station. 4pm. (Piccadilly Line tube station, North London).
      After meet-up at station, we'll walk to the ritual spot in the nearby woods (Trent Park), set up altar, do a brief run-through of ritual and related roles, and do ritual. Afterwards there will be time for informal socials.  Please bring at least one item of food and (biscuits, cakes, bread, fruits) and drinks (coffee in flask, wine, juices).. to share at feast and social.

      Info on rituals, wicca & witchcraft, seasonal festivals, courses, workshops, videos - at www.WitchcraftandMagic.org

      2. The Thames-Isis ceremony at Richmond by the river - Sunday 3rd March   (meeting at Richmond station at 1pm).

      We are preparing to explore the mysteries and magic of the Goddess Isis in a series of rituals to be held by the banks of river Thames in London. (Tamesis is an old name of river Thames, and supposedly means `Thames-Isis’).

      Saturday 3rd March :  Blessing of the Fleet Ceremony (Isidias Navigatum). Ritual outline (tbc): A statue of the Goddess will be carried to the water, where flowers-wreathed women may offer mirrors so that she may see her beauty. Priests will pour milk on the sands from a pitcher shaped like Isis's breast, then sprinkle the statue with precious perfumes. As the final part of the ritual, a small replica boat will be filled with spices and sent (out to sea) as an offering to the Goddess Isis.

      Meet at Richmond Rail/ Tube station by 1.00pm. We'll walk up to nearby grounds by the riverside for social & Isis ceremony.

      (Advanced info : Wednesday 17th July: Birthday of Isis (Night of the Cradle). and -Saturday 16th November: (Full moon) Quests of Isis: searching, mourning and the finding of Osiris. (This is the `Samhain equivalent. There may also be one on 31st May (Arc of Isis ritual related to the Roman Navigation ceremony).     For some of these, we'll be actually hiring boats at Richmond, and go rowing on the river Thames...to make offerings in the river!  )

      websites:  www.Tamesa.info
      3. Advanced Notice (major events):

      -Earth Hour & Outdoor Spring Equinox Ritual - Saturday 23rd March'13,
      -Earth Day - Monday 22nd April'13   (Outdoor gathering may take place a few days prior to this).
      -London Beltane Camp (tbc) - 4th & 5th May'13.
      -Outdoor MidSummer Gathering - Sat 22nd June'13
      -World Peace Day & Outdoor Autumn Equinox Ceremony - Sat 21st Sept'13.

      All these events take place at various Woods, Forests or Parks in and around London  with easy access by train / tube / buses.