What shall we do?

    Message 1 of 3 , May 18 4:40 PM

      Tonight's moot proved very interesting.

      Opinions are very divided as to whether or not to move upstairs.

      One member only came because he thought we would be upstairs where he would be able to hear what we are saying and fully join in.

      Other members cannot make those stairs.

      Whilst we remain at the Skylark I am inclined to stay downstairs but I amseriously thinking of approaching the Brief on george Street. My only concern is that I think they may not be able to do long-term bookings, essential to us. On the plus side we would have the space to ourselves and might even get us some speakers.

      What do you think??

      Please let me know, I want to hear everyones opinions

      Message 2 of 3 , May 18 5:34 PM
        Hi Paul/ all,

        The Brief is a good idea... closer to croydon buses/train/trams..
        and they already host the Bacchus morris rehearsals right? so they must be friendly..

        We don't book the Skylark anyway, so we could technically do same at Brief.. ie ..on the days when they don't do actuall bookings, we can still be there to meet each other ..as ordnary punters do?

        sorry I didn't make the moot today..  too much going on at work and on srilankan tamil persecution problems..   everyone s very upset and focused on that.. so for a while am cutting out all moots/socials as a sign of respect to fellow tamils who are dying in their hundreds back home..

        bb
        -mani

        Message 3 of 3 , May 20 3:49 AM
          I agree with Mani on all points including the concern for the Tamil population now in Sri Lanka and the apology for I, too, did not make it on Monday.

          If we stay at the Skylark (and I'm not a great fan of it) I think just a social downstairs is all we can do.  But I think best to move.

          Caroline