Re: [croydoncrows] Re: spams on the croydon list

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 6, 2008
      Hi Paul,

      given the nature of  pagan e-groups (ie people's privacy etc) , I'd say moderating/ screening  the initial joining is essential.   Otherwise, anyone will join in, get allour ID's/ e-mails and ..by the time we delete them, security is already breached..

      There's a way to set these .. I need to refresh my mind.. I'll double check abd mail you off list with step by step process..

      After that, every new member (poetntial) will send a request that comes to list-owner/ moderators  (you..)   You could also set it so they have to write a few sentences about themselves and why they want to join the list  .. Then you check it and  authorise it..  (very simple.. done with one e-mail.. I'll tell you about it..)