Fwd: COMING SOON Southwark Mysteries - 3 free drama workshops

    Message 1 of 1 , May 9, 2008
      Dear all in Pagan London,

      here is a fantastic set of FREE workshops by the highly creative, popular, dynamic artist/performer/magician..John `Crow' Constable!!    (you can tell that I admire his work?!! :-)

      Please check this out, and do go join this set of 3 drama workshops!!
      I'll be putting this on website, so book quickly before others see it and book.

      Info on John can be found under our PF London website pages..  http://www.pflondon.org/html/news___courses.html

      -------
      Dear friends and family,
      This is your invitation to take part in our course of 3 free experimental drama workshops.  This is a great chance to get a hands-on introduction to the creative process - how we can transform history and "real life" stories into dramatic works for performance.
      The course begins with introductory theatre games and skills. The 2nd workshop includes a guided tour of the 'Outlaw Borough' including a visit to the Cross Bones graveyard for prostitutes and paupers. The final workshop involves devising a short play for performance at the end. All this and more - and it won't cost you a penny!!!
      Workshops are open to all members of the public - details below. To book your free place at these exciting workshops, email: mysteries@...
      best wishes
      John Constable aka John Crow

      SOUTHWARK MYSTERIES presents OUR STORY.

      A free course of 3 drama workshops, led by writer John Constable and director Sarah Davey, bringing alive the place we live, work and play.

      The Community Space, Bankside 3, Gt. Guildford St. (corner of Zoar St.) SE1.
      May 28, June 4, June 11: 7pm-9pm (arrive to register from 6.30pm).

      Places limited – to book your free place, email: mysteries@...

      28 May: introduction – theatre games and skills, creative ways of bringing stories vividly to life.

      4 June: guided walk - a tour of Bankside, exploring the amazing stories behind historical sites in the oldest part of London.

      11 June: performance – a short piece of theatre, devised during the final workshop, inspired by stories discovered on the walk.

      To get the most out of this course, everyone is encouraged to commit to all 3 workshops – priority will be given to bookings for the full course. Open to all ages - under 18s must be accompanied by a responsible adult.

      Sent from Yahoo! Mail.
      A Smarter Email.