Re: [croydoncrows] Yuletide festivities!

  • Edmund Meadows
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 11, 2007
      Dear Paul,

      I expect to be at the moot next Monday.

      Heather's hospitality will be very welcome Friday week.

      Rick Kingsley is having the Christmas party for his Croydon New Age
      circuit that evening. If you would like an invitation to make
      contact, please shout. Otherwise I will assume it is of no interest.

      For my sins I have been appointed London Mensa lecture coordinator as
      of last Tuesday. This was in spite of my giving 4 good reasons why
      I was totally unsuitable. The intention is to run a lecture a
      month at the Devereux in Central London. Now I must not overload
      the program with New Age, but it is the New Age circuit I know
      best. I will be making a list of possible speakers for both
      monthly lectures and local house meetings. Volunteers
      welcome. The basic info needed for any list will be name, subject
      or area of expertise, borough or location where one lives, and email
      address. Anyone organising any event will want a full address,
      phone number and perhaps other info, but that can come later.

      Request from the London Mensa Committee - Can they please have an U35
      pagan event. I am stumped.

      Kind regards - Edmund Meadows.
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 11, 2007
        aww...shame.. I'll be at work..  (yeah, staff meeting to review the year, on the afternoon of the last day of the working year...    that's charity for ya..  still it's better than the other work plan of coming in middle of the week off for a managers' meeting).
        Anyway, so i can't make the 21st.. but shall attempt the moot   (again..  new recruitment, end of year inspections..  late nights..   that whole week..  we'll see).
        May as well give up my pagan life style.. as work slowly takes over my life..

        love n bb
        -Mani

        Paul Newman <thipnewman@...> wrote:
        Yuletide festivities!

        Heather has offered us the use of her house for a Mid-Winter festival,
        so everyone is invite for a mid-day celebration on Friday 21 December
        (the day of the Solstice).

        Heather lives in Waddon and I shall give out her full address when I
        know how many might make it, or at the Moot on Monday if you can make
        that.

        We shall meet up about 11.30 for a mid-ay observance followed by
        feasting (around 1pm?) Please bring food and drink to share.

        It might be helpful to gauge numbers, so if you are interested please
        get in touch with me

        See you all soon,