General Election Posters

  • Edmund Meadows
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 28, 2007
      Hi,

      It looks like we have a general election coming up shortly. Now
      why let the big political parties make all the running and printing
      their own posters. I am in favour of the Euro election system
      where we have multiple political seats to fill. Thus if there are
      10 seats, a party gets one seat per 10% of the votes and the
      remaining seats go to those with the biggest unallocated
      surpluses. We have 2 good parties waiting in the wings, the UKIP
      and the Greens.

      It is time the people took a hand in elections by printing their own posters.

      I have a computer, a colour printer, and last Yuletide I was given a
      laminator which so far I have not used. Coloured paper is easy
      enough to get. What I am short of is software which will print
      large enough. My current software will only print up to size
      72. This is still too small if one wants to just print "Vote ????"
      on 2 lines filling a sheet of A4 or foolscap.

      Does anyone know of any good software for the purpose, preferably
      free of charge.

      <Quote from a friend in Australia which may amuse>
      I heard some inane intellectual going on the other day about the need
      to reduce 3rd world birth numbers because they will be breathing air,
      want water and thereby put a huge strain on our resources. I'm glad
      to hear someone talk about depleting oxygen levels but ah, wool over
      the eyes Edmund. Wool over the eyes.

      Kind regards - Edmund Meadows.