200Phoenix Rising

  • carolinewestbury
    Jan 13, 2009

      It may be a bit early for an event due to happen in May but this event is of limited size and is ticket only so early booking may be advisable if you are interested.

      The date of the event is a Bank Holiday Monday.

      Phoenix Rising

      An experiential workshop and rite
      Monday 4 May 2009
      (10 am-5.30 pm - Central London)

      Vivianne Crowley, Caroline Robertson and Caroline Wise
      invite you to explore the magick, myth and symbolism of the Phoenix

      Phoenix Rising is a one-day participative workshop and rite for Magicians, Witches, Pagans, Goddess worshippers and others with some magickal and ritual experience to share ideas and to explore creatively the magick and symbolism of the phoenix.

      Through discussion, visualisation, divination, talisman making, chant and ritual, we will uncover the meaning of the phoenix for our magickal and spiritual practice in order to experience the transformative power of its symbolism and energy to take us forward on the next stage of our personal journey.

      Wear loose, easy clothing for the workshop and bring a simple robe (or special dress) to change into for the rite: red/gold, black or white –or whatever you have. Body paint, masks, artwork, symbols, ritual artefacts, poems, songs and musical instruments appropriate for the occasion are also welcome.

      Places £20.00 (spaces strictly limited)

      - Tickets from Treadwell's Books, 34 Tavistock Street, London WC2E 7PB or phone 020 7240 8906 or email  info@... to pay via debit/credit card.
      - Otherwise, make cheques payable to Starfire Publishing Ltd and send to BCM Starfire, London WC1N 3XX or pay by PayPal through starfire.books@....

      "I am the Bennu (Phoenix), which is in Anu (Heliopolis), and I am the keeper of the volume of the book of things which are and of things which shall be."  (The Egyptian Book of the Dead. Chapter XVII)
      The Phoenix is a legendary bird with beautiful fiery coloured plumage. It lives in Arabia near a cool well. Every morning as the Sun rises and dawn breaks, it immerses itself in the cool clear water of the well and sings such a delightful and sweet song that the Sun God stops in his chariot to listen. Every 500 years, the phoenix constructs a nest of cinnamon twigs that ignites and consumes the bird to ashes. From the ashes, a new phoenix arises, wraps the ashes in an egg of myrrh and takes them to the Egyptian city of On or Heliopolis, the City of the Sun, where it deposits them on the altar of Ra.