166Fw: John's 5 FREE walks this weekend

    Jul 10, 2008
      Dear All,
      some very interesting walks this weekend.. See John `Crow' Constable's e-mail below.

      warm regards & bb
      -Mani
      -----

      Friends, Walkers, Workshoppers, lend us your legs!!!I promised to keep you posted about my walks etc. Here are 5 FREE walks scheduled for this weekend. The Friday walk is funded by Better Bankside and begins at the Community Space where we did the workshops. The others (two each on Saturday and Sunday) are part of the London Festival of Architecture - NB various start points..Hope to see you on one or more of them.best, John John Constable Friday 11th July 5pm 'Secret Bankside and The Southwark Mysteries'Funded by Better Bankside, who write: 'Celebrated writer and performer John Constable offers an eye-opening introduction to the extraordinary history and living culture of the area. Along the way he outlines plans for a new production of his Southwark Mysteries in 2010. Local MP Simon Hughes called the 2000 production 'the jewel in the crown of Southwark's millennium celebrations', and suggested a revival every ten years. The walk begins at Bankside
      Community Space, Great Guildford Street (corner of Zoar Street) London SE1 0SY and ends at The George Inn on Borough High Street.' Saturday 12th July
      11am 'Shakespeare's Bankside'
      The birth of English theatre on Bankside.
      Meet outside Vinopolis - junction of Clink Street and Bank End, facing the Anchor pub - from 10.45am.

      Saturday 12th July
      2.30pm 'The Walworth Walk'
      A stroll around the Walworth Road, past and present.
      Meet outside the Metropolitan Tabernacle - on the side closest to St Mary Newington Park - from 2.15pm.

      Sunday 13th July
      11am 'The Dickens'
      Charles Dickens' childhood in The Borough.
      Meet outside Vinopolis - junction of Clink Street and Bank End, facing the Anchor pub - from 10.45am.

      Sunday 13th July
      2.30pm 'The Little Tramp'
      Charlie Chaplin's Elephant and Castle.
      Meet outside the Metropolitan Tabernacle - on the side closest to St Mary Newington Park - from 2.15pm.

      link:http://www.lfa2008.org/event.php?id=160&name=Unusual+fresh+air+walks+in+Sout

      Not happy with your email address?.