Jesus and the Gospel of Thomas

    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2002
      To all,

      While the current fury goes on regarding GTh. a helpful thing for folks to
      consider regarding Jesus are the sayings parallels between Q and GTh. Such
      as the "Q Thomas Reader" (out by Polebridge) on page159 has the list of 40
      parallels (some only rough and incomplete) between the two wisdom gospels.
      I would be interested in thoughts by those who have spent time on detailed
      analysis of these parallels. In particular (although some on this list
      don't seem to think positively about this) I'd be interested in comments
      about the redactional layers and comparisons between how the redactions of Q
      are understood in relation to the redactions in GTh.

      Gordon Raynal
      Inman, SC