Re: Beyond Belief

  • RSBrenchley@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 25, 2002
      > Can we really date Docetism as early as the 50s when 1 Cor was written?
      > Is there any evidence that this was something that was known to, or was
      > a particular problem within, the Pauline community at Corinth -- or in
      > any of Paul's other communities, for that matter?
      >
      > Yours,
      >
      > Jeffrey Gibson

      Alternatively, could the passage be a polemic against Ebionism or
      something similar? 'Christ died for our sins... was buried... was raised to
      life' is something that nobody of that persuasion could have said. Perhaps
      they might have said it happened to Jesus - but the Angel Messiah?

      Regards,

      Robert Brenchley
      RSBrenchley@...
      Birmingham UK