Re: Examining the Cross Gospel

  • RSBrenchley@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 3, 2002
      <>

      I agree that something on the lines of Paul's incarnate messiah would be
      unviable without a resurrection; who wants a dead messiah? There are other
      possibilities, however. A martyred prophet would be possible, or a sort of
      proto-Ebionite christology, with Jesus as a man possessed by an angelic
      deliverer conceived on the lines of Melchisedek in 11Q13. If (and I emphasise
      'if') Phil. 2:6-11 is pre-Pauline, then that has an exalted angelic being
      without any mention of a resurrection, which may be significant.

      Regards,

      Robert Brenchley

      RSBrenchley@...
      Birmingham, UK.