Re: [XTalk] Fw: Virus--This is Real

  • Jack Kilmon
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 16, 2001
      From: "LAlbert" <lalbert001@...>
      To: <crosstalk2@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Sunday, December 16, 2001 12:48 AM
      Subject: [XTalk] Fw: Virus--This is Real

      This is a HOAX! Do NOT erase this file which is a legitimate component
      of Windows.
      There is a virus called W32/Magistr-A which is capable of emailing infected
      copies of SULFNBK.EXE to innocent users. This is probably how the scare
      started
      but eliminating this file can cause you problems. As usual, run a viral scan
      program
      frequently and research all e-mail warnings.

      Jack