SBL E-Lister's meeting: Roster of attendees

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 10, 2001
      Below is the list of folks, according to their primary E-List
      affiliation, who have contacted me with intentions to attend our annual
      E-Listers SBL gathering on Saturday, Nov. 17 at 11am at the Gramcord
      Booth in the Exhibition Hall.

      I have also listed the papers to be given by those who have sent me word
      that they are doing so.

      Apologies if I've missed anyone and/or grouped you in the wrong List.!

      If anyone else from the world of Biblical E-Lists is planning to attend
      SBL AND our E-Listers meeting, please let me know OFF LIST (at my
      address below). Also please let me know what you consider to be your
      e-alma mater when you respond.

      I'll post a final listing on Friday morning.

      I look forward to seeing you all.

      Jeffrey Gibson

      1. Randal Buth

      presenting a paper at Historical Jesus, Mon afternoon and also at
      Biblical Lexicography

      2. Andrew Porter

      3. Cindy Westfall

      presenting a paper in the Biblical Greek Language and Linguistics
      Section on Tuesday at 9:00 am-11:30.

      4. Rod Decker

      Mon, 9 AM session of Bib Gk Lang & Linguistics (2d paper): Adapting
      Technology to Teach Koine Greek.

      5. Jonathan Robie

      Corpus Paulinum

      1. Edgar Krentz

      2. Sheila McGinn

      3. Jeffrey Gibson

      a paper on Mark 3:28 in the Mark Group and on Mark 3:1-6 in the
      Synoptic Gospels section

      4. Graydon F. Snyder

      5. Dale Walker

      6. Christopher R. Hutson

      7. Stephen Finlan

      8. Eli Elliot

      S17-23 -- Saturday, 4:00-6:30pm -- Greco-Roman Religions Section,
      C3 -- Room C112

      "The Divine 'Zap': The Anatolian Divine Judicial System and the
      Meaning of EPIZHTEW in the
      Confession Inscriptions."

      S20-12 -- Tuesday, 9:00-11:30am -- Paul and Politics Group, C3 --
      Room A110

      "Ritual Birth by Ritual Flesh: Galatians 3:1-5 and the Galli of the
      Mother of the Gods."

      9. Bert Jan Lietaert Peerbolte

      10. William S. Campbell

      a paper on how recent Pauline interpretation illuminates ancient
      Jewish-Christian relations.

      11. Mark Nanos

      a paper in the Paul and Politics Group. Session (S20-12) is Tues
      morning, 9-11:30am, in C3-Room A110,
      and my paper is "The Local Context of the Galatians: Toward
      Resolving a Catch-22."

      12. Ray Pickett

      a paper in the Paul and Politics session on Tuesday entitled: "The
      Reception of the Gospel
      in Galatia: Pauline Christianity in its Pagan Context".

      13. Eugene Han

      14. Matt Churchill,

      15. Tim M. Sigler

      presenting a paper (b2: S19-13, "Targumic Toponyms in the Song of

      16. Ian Rock

      17. John Fotopoulos

      Kata Markon

      1. David Watson

      2. Jesper Svartvik

      a paper on Mark 7:1-23/Matt 15.1-1-20 at the Historical Jesus
      Session on Monday at 1.00 p.m.

      1. David Suter

      presenting in the Pseudepigrapha Group at 1:00 on Saturday, November
      17, as a part of the
      review of George Nickelsburg's commentary on 1 Enoch

      2. Naama Zahavi-Ely

      a paper "Turn Right or Left: Creative use of Dialect in 2 Samuel
      14:19", on Tuesday morning at
      session S20-10A (the 9-11:30 session).

      1. Mark Goodacre

      Historical Jesus section: "Prophecy Historicized or History
      Scripturized? Reflections on the Origin of the
      Crucifixion Narrative"

      Computer Related Research Section: "The New Testament Gateway:
      Retrospect and Prospect".

      2. Stephen Carlson

      3. David Barrett Peabody

      4. Tom Longstaff

      5. Bill Skelton

      6. Jeff Peterson

      7. Mark Matson

      a paper at the joint Johannine Lit / Synoptic Gospel section on
      "Intertextuality and the relationship of John and
      the Synoptics." Also I will be giving an address Mon. morning at
      the Restoration Quarterly breakfast

      8. Zeba Crook

      T-C List

      1. Dave Washburn

      2. Hong Bom Kim

      paper at the sections of lexicography and social scientific

      3. Amy S. Anderson

      4. James Adair

      5. Tim Finney

      6. John Gram

      1. Jim Miller

      presenting a paper in the AAR, "The Necessary Evil", comparing
      Patristic and Reformation attitudes on
      sexuality with Neoplatonic antecedents, and showing some modern
      outcomes of these traditions. The
      paper will be section A 66, Gay Men's Issues in Religion Group,
      Saturday, 5:00 PM.

      2. Gordon Raynal

      3. Sakari Häkkinen

      a paper there on the Gospel of Ebionites, the section # is S 17-18
      and it will begin at 4 PM on Saturday

      4. Henry Carrigan

      contributing to a Sunday afternoon (4:30-6:00) panel on "Who Says My
      Degree Isn't
      Practical?: Careers in Religion Publishing and Writing."

      5. Rikki Watts

      paper in the Jesus’ section on Monday: Jesus the Mighty Deeds of
      Yahweh: Coherence and Interiority.

      6. Bob Schacht

      7. Brian Tucker

      8. Gail Dawson