Re: [XTalk] 4QMMT

  • goranson@duke.edu
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 23, 2001
      I'm not aware of the Hebrew text of 4QMMT online (and, if it is,
      copyright questions may continue).
      The DJD English translation of Qimron & Strugnell is at

      http://www.bib-arch.org/barnd94/35_yrs.html

      If the DJD volume isn't available, Hebrew texts are available, e.g., in
      F. Garcia-Martinez, Dead Sea Scrolls Study Edition (and BAR Nov 1994;
      Wacholder-Abegg ed.; etc.).

      Stephen Goranson
      goranson@...
      P.S. Discussions of ergon nomou might well mention that ma'ase hatorah
      is not in TaNaK, as well as that 'ose hatorah (IMO, the source of
      Essenes/Ossenes) isn't there, nor, beyond Qumran, in the early
      centuries of the Historical Dictionary of the Hebrew Language
      Materials.