Re: [XTalk] HJ Textbook(s)

  • Loren Rosson
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 6, 2001
      Jeffrey,

      > If you could use a maximum of
      > three texts (besides the bible),
      > what would they be?

      I would use one from each following pair:

      1. Either (a) Ben Witherington's "The Jesus Quest" or
      (b) Marcus Borg's "Jesus in Contemporary Scholarship".
      [If your students lean in a more conservative
      direction, go with (a); if more liberal, go with (b).]

      2. Either (a) Ed Sanders' "The Historical Figure of
      Jesus" or (b) Paula Fredriksen's "Jesus of Nazareth,
      King of the Jews".

      3. Either (a) R David Kaylor's "Jesus the Prophet" or
      (b) William Herzog's "Jesus, Justice, and the Reign of
      God".

      Loren Rosson III
      Nashua NH
      rossoiii@...