Sad News: Anthony J. Saldarini

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 17, 2001
      From the Ioudaios List:

      ****
      It is with heavy heart that I inform you of the death of our friend
      and colleague, Anthony J. Saldarini, Professor of Biblical Studies at
      Boston College, after a long illness. Tony passed away yesterday,
      September 16. He received his PhD from Yale University in Near
      Eastern Languages and Literatures in 1971. He authored several
      significant studies, including Matthew's Christian-Jewish Community
      (U. Chicago), Pharisees, Scribes and Sadducees in Palestinian Society
      : A Sociological Approach (M. Glazier), and Abot de Rabbi Nathan
      (Brill). Tony will be sorely missed by all who knew and worked with
      him.

      A wake will take place 3-5 and 7-9 on Tuesday evening at the Eaton
      Funeral Home, 465 Centre St., Newton Corner. The funeral will take
      place on Wednesday at 10 a.m. at the St. Ignatius Church on
      Commonwealth Avenue at the entrance to the Boston College campus

      Sincerely,

      David Vanderhooft <vanderho@...>
      Boston College