RE: [XTalk] The Relevance of the Original Faith-Communities

  • Richard Anderson
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 2, 2001
      Robert C. Davis wrote in part:
      The latest round of postings to this discussion have finally opened the door
      to an aspect of biblical interpretation which, I believe, greatly needs
      attention: I refer to the faith-context of the biblical writers in question
      and those to whom they wrote.

      Question for Robert and Crosstalk2:
      Did Luke omit the sea walking epiphany from his gospel because he or his
      intended audience objected to the depiction and equation of Jesus as Yahweh?

      Richard H. Anderson
      Wallingford PA
      http://www.geocities.com/gospelofluke