[XTalk] Dates and authors of New Testame

  • Richard Mallett
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 30, 2001
      Reply to : Jeffrey Gibson

      >> I suggest that, to get a real sense of this, you pick consult both Ray
      Brown's _NT Introduction_ and U. Schnelle"s _The History and Theology of
      the New Testament Writings_. These are books which all XTalker's should
      have on their shelves.
      <<

      Do Brown and/or Schnelle advance arguments for the dates that they propose
      ? It's been a while since I read Brown, and I haven't read Schnelle; and
      it seems to me that this is a fundamental question, which can affect the
      way in which we read the gospels. The only arguments that I can remember
      reading are in Robinson's Redating the New Testament, but I realise that
      his dates are not shared by many (if any :-))

      Richard (groups.yahoo.com/group/gospel_parallels)

      E-mail from: Richard Mallett, 29-Aug-2001