[XTalk] Re: Searchable Archive

  • Viola Goodacre
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 5, 1999
      On 4 Jul 99, at 12:24, Jeffrey B. Gibson wrote:

      > The Old Crosstalk archives, that is to say, all the messages sent to
      > Crosstalk before the old list was transferred to e-groups is NOT at the
      > present time available. But all messages sent to Crosstalk since then are.
      > Go to the XTalk Home Page at www.xtalk.org and find the URL at the bottom
      > of the page that speaks of Crosstalk. That should get you to the e-groups
      > crosstalk info page where you click on "messages".

      Just to clarify, the repective URLs are:

      http://www.egroups.com/group/crosstalk
      (Old Crosstalk June 1998 - May 1999)

      http://www.egroups.com/group/crosstalk2
      (Current Xtalk May 1999 - present).

      Mark
      --------------------------------------
      Dept of Theology tel: +44 121 414 7512
      University of Birmingham fax: +44 121 414 6866
      Birmingham B15 2TT United Kingdom

      http://www.bham.ac.uk/theology/goodacre
      New Testament Web Resources
      Mark Without Q
      Aseneth Home Page

      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 5, 1999
        In a message dated 7/5/99 7:00:05 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
        M.S.GOODACRE@... writes:

        > On 4 Jul 99, at 12:24, Jeffrey B. Gibson wrote:
        >
        > > The Old Crosstalk archives, that is to say, all the messages sent to
        > > Crosstalk before the old list was transferred to e-groups is NOT at the
        > > present time available. But all messages sent to Crosstalk since then
        are.
        > > Go to the XTalk Home Page at www.xtalk.org and find the URL at the bottom
        > > of the page that speaks of Crosstalk. That should get you to the e-groups
        > > crosstalk info page where you click on "messages".
        >
        > Just to clarify, the repective URLs are:
        >
        > http://www.egroups.com/group/crosstalk
        > (Old Crosstalk June 1998 - May 1999)
        >
        > http://www.egroups.com/group/crosstalk2
        > (Current Xtalk May 1999 - present).
        >
        > Mark

        Thanks, Mark. To further clarify, in addition to the "Current" and "Old"
        archives, there is or was what I will now call for clarity's sake an
        "Ancient" archive that was maintained on the original Harpercollins web
        server. It is this "ancient" archive (February, 1996 through April, 1999?)
        that Jeffrey says is no longer accessible, although I have not tried it to
        verify that.

        List managers, is there any process under way to recover the "ancient"
        archive and make it accessible again? Besides the recent fluff, there was a
        lot of gold in them thar hills.