Re: [XTalk] Re: Sig-lines

  • expcman@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2001
      Mike,

      I truly appreciate your taking time to respond to my inquiry, but truth to
      tell I remain unconvinced at the end of your posting. I still wonder at the
      logic of suggesting that we "ought not" do or say anything that anyone might
      (not necessarily does or has) take offense at; such a logic ends up in what
      seems to me a weird polity statement
      for in effect it gives veto power to even a minority of one! Or maybe it
      just leads us to make only bland statements that run no risk of offending
      anyone. But thanks anyway. Perhaps for now the best wisdom is just to leave
      this issue aside to rest until such time as someone actually posts their
      being personally offended by the
      flowery codicils or additions to someone's postings.

      Clive