crosstalk

  • Barlow, James C. DOC
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 31 3:30 PM
      My apologies to Mr. Gibson et.al. and all crosstalkers for this plethora of
      bombast. But I have received in the past week over 400 XTalk msgs. and my
      meager response amounts to only a small percentage of this. At any rate, I
      hope you find what I have submitted useful to the degree you have all
      stimulated my thought.

      Thanks to all!
      -jb
    • mgrondin@tir.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 31 5:26 PM
        --- James Barlow wrote:
        > ... I have received in the past week over 400 XTalk msgs. and my
        > meager response amounts to only a small percentage of this.

        Your "meager response" of 55 messages (today only) amounts to over
        12% of the theoretical weekly total of 455 messages, even if none
        of the other 400 were yours, which is not the case. Since there are
        dozens of contributing members, if everyone was as self-centered as
        you, we'd be getting over a thousand messages a day. It's nice for
        you, I'm sure, that your thought has been so stimulated, but I can
        think of few people from whom I would like to hear on each and every
        issue that arises here. Certainly not someone whose typical message
        contains one or two cryptic lines appended to a lengthy quote of the
        entire note to which they're responding. I believe that you owe the
        members a more adequate explanation for this appalling behavior, and
        assurances that we will not be the recipients of further massive and
        monopolistic "dumping" of messages onto the list.

        Mike G.
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 31 8:30 PM
          I want to assure the list that the moderators began dealing with this
          situation this afternoon.
          I regret that we did not start dealing with it sooner.
          Bob
          Assistant moderator