[XTalk] Re: Searchable Archive

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 4, 1999
      "Michael T. MacDonell" wrote:

      > Dear All:
      >
      > Is there a searchable archive up and running? If so, does it include the
      > old Crosstalk postings? If not, how can they be accessed.
      >
      > Sorry to be dense, this has probably been discussed already.
      >
      > Best Regards,
      > Mike MacDonell

      The Old Crosstalk archives, that is to say, all the messages sent to
      Crosstalk before the old list was transferred to e-groups is NOT at the
      present time available. But all messages sent to Crosstalk since then are. Go
      to the XTalk Home Page at www.xtalk.org and find the URL at the bottom of the
      page that speaks of Crosstalk. That should get you to the e-groups crosstalk
      info page where you click on "messages".

      As to XTalk archives, you'll find them through the XTalk Home Page. I believe
      you cans search by means of subject, poster, and date.

      Yours,

      Jeffrey Gibson
      --
      Jeffrey B. Gibson
      7423 N. Sheridan Road #2A

    • Viola Goodacre
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 5, 1999
        On 4 Jul 99, at 12:24, Jeffrey B. Gibson wrote:

        > The Old Crosstalk archives, that is to say, all the messages sent to
        > Crosstalk before the old list was transferred to e-groups is NOT at the
        > present time available. But all messages sent to Crosstalk since then are.
        > Go to the XTalk Home Page at www.xtalk.org and find the URL at the bottom
        > of the page that speaks of Crosstalk. That should get you to the e-groups
        > crosstalk info page where you click on "messages".

        Just to clarify, the repective URLs are:

        http://www.egroups.com/group/crosstalk
        (Old Crosstalk June 1998 - May 1999)

        http://www.egroups.com/group/crosstalk2
        (Current Xtalk May 1999 - present).

        Mark
        --------------------------------------
        Dept of Theology tel: +44 121 414 7512
        University of Birmingham fax: +44 121 414 6866
        Birmingham B15 2TT United Kingdom

        http://www.bham.ac.uk/theology/goodacre
        New Testament Web Resources
        Mark Without Q
        Aseneth Home Page

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 5, 1999
          In a message dated 7/5/99 7:00:05 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
          M.S.GOODACRE@... writes:

          > On 4 Jul 99, at 12:24, Jeffrey B. Gibson wrote:
          >
          > > The Old Crosstalk archives, that is to say, all the messages sent to
          > > Crosstalk before the old list was transferred to e-groups is NOT at the
          > > present time available. But all messages sent to Crosstalk since then
          are.
          > > Go to the XTalk Home Page at www.xtalk.org and find the URL at the bottom
          > > of the page that speaks of Crosstalk. That should get you to the e-groups
          > > crosstalk info page where you click on "messages".
          >
          > Just to clarify, the repective URLs are:
          >
          > http://www.egroups.com/group/crosstalk
          > (Old Crosstalk June 1998 - May 1999)
          >
          > http://www.egroups.com/group/crosstalk2
          > (Current Xtalk May 1999 - present).
          >
          > Mark

          Thanks, Mark. To further clarify, in addition to the "Current" and "Old"
          archives, there is or was what I will now call for clarity's sake an
          "Ancient" archive that was maintained on the original Harpercollins web
          server. It is this "ancient" archive (February, 1996 through April, 1999?)
          that Jeffrey says is no longer accessible, although I have not tried it to
          verify that.

          List managers, is there any process under way to recover the "ancient"
          archive and make it accessible again? Besides the recent fluff, there was a
          lot of gold in them thar hills.