Re: Hidden Gospels

  • mgrondin@tir.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 30, 2001
      --- David Mackinder wrote:
      > There's a sample chapter at OUP's 'reading room'
      > (http://www.oup-usa.org/sc/0195135091/) ...

      Having perused this - evidently chapter 1 of the book - I'm not
      inclined personally to want to rush right out and buy it. Not to
      say that I entirely disagree with everything Jenkins writes in this
      first chapter, but it's so gosh-darn methodologically sloppy. Just
      the sort of rambling, loosely-reasoned, over-generalized thingy that
      lib-arts majors love. As far as I can see, there's very little
      rigour to his analysis. He might find an acorn once in a while,
      but it's likely to have been an accident.

      Mike G.