Re: Shroud of Turin AMS testing

  • John Lupia
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2001
      Leon wrote:

      > > So, now we have "apodictic" evidence of its authenticity, huh? I guess
      > > we can place this alongside the "apodictic" evidence of its
      > > inauthenticity, i.e., the independent C14 datings that place it
      > > unambiguously in the middle ages, a time notorious for the production
      of
      > > fake relics and pilgrimages to the Holy land. I don't suppose some of
      > > those many pilgims could have inadvertently picked up any pollen and
      > > "redeposited" it on the shroud ...?
      > > Leon

      Dr. Harry Gove, who invented the new method of AMS that required only a
      small specimen, would be the first to admit that the 1989 C-14 testing of
      the Holy Shroud of Turin must be redone since not all variables were
      accounted for. BTW, besides myself, there are several members with
      scientific backgrounds who are Shroud authorities on this list.

      Peace in Christ,
      John
      <><

      John N. Lupia
      501 North Avenue B-1
      Elizabeth, New Jersey 07208-1731 USA
      JLupia2@...
      "during this important time, as the eve of the new millennium approaches . .
      . unity among all Christians of the various confessions will increase until
      they reach full communion." John Paul II, Tertio Millennio Adveniente, 16

      Send a cool gift with your E-Card
      http://www.bluemountain.com/giftcenter/