Re: [XTalk] Dating of the Gospels & other NT books

  • Jan Sammer
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 24, 2001
      From: "Bob Schacht" <r_schacht@...>

      > Jan,
      > Thanks for introducing us to Herrmann. It has often seemed to me that the
      > dating of the books of the NT is a house of cards.

      So, possibly, is the quest for the HJ, yet we doggedly struggle on, do we
      not? Dating of the NT books provides a crucial reference for many of the
      conclusions to the quest and for this reason it is important that the dates
      we adopt stand on a solid footing.

      > For those propounding a later dating, have the views of Herrmann, Munck et
      > al. with respect to dating been fully reviewed in English journals? If so,
      > I'd appreciate references.

      I am afraid I lack the facilities to be able to supply references to reviews
      at the moment. I could, however, try to sum up the arguments arguments of
      some of these authors on a specific issue.

      Jan