Re: The Wrede/Schmithals theory

  • Wieland Willker
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 5 12:41 AM
      Bob wrote:
      > How about replacing "don't know... about" with "had heard about but didn't
      > believe"? Rather than Q here, I'm thinking about the Jewish Christians who
      > ultimately became Nazoreans and Ebionites. They tended, if I recall
      > correctly, to minimize Jesus' divinity and resurrection.

      If I understand Schmithals correctly, he thinks that the Q group had actually first hand
      information about Jesus, possibly Galilaean folks, maybe even disciples (TA LOGIA by
      Matthew?). But they haven't seen miracles and haven't experienced the resurrection.
      Because of this first-hand information about Jesus which was in part antithetic to Mark's
      EUAGGELION they had to be taken serious by the Messiah group. I'm wondering if such a
      group was still alive after 70 CE.

      Best wishes
      Wieland
      <><