Re: [XTalk] Simon (Magus) & (Simon) Peter

  • Jan Sammer
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 17, 2001
      From: "Bob Schacht" <r_schacht@...>

      > What I find interesting is that Eusebius must have known about Acts
      > 8:14-24, so this is presumably the *second* run-in that Peter and Simon
      > had, the first in Samaria, and the second in Rome?
      >
      > Bob

      That is an established part of the Petrine legend. The full story of the
      struggle between Simon Magus and Peter, which Eusebius seems to assume his
      readers were familiar with, is given in the Clementine Recognitions,
      available in English translation here:

      http://www.webcom.com/~gnosis/library/simpet.txt

      Jan

      Jan Sammer