Re: [XTalk] Jewish Historiography vs. Thucydides

  • Brian McCarthy
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 11, 2001
      Brian,

      I don't have anything substantial to contribute, but it just happens that
      this morning I read a (turgidly written) review by Peter Green (author of
      "Classical Bearings: Interpreting Ancient History and Culture") of Mark
      Munn's "The School of History: Athens in the Age of Socrates" (U of Cal.;
      Wiley in GB). Green has a sustained critique of Munn's attempt to maintain
      what he, Green. sees as the traditional intellectuals' "idolization of
      Thucydides".

      Brian McCarthy

      The