Re: [XTalk] Digest Number 225

  • Mark Goodacre
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 3, 2001
      On 25 Dec 2000, at 13:17, RSBrenchley@... wrote:

      > How 'just'? Are you suggesting that Mark 13:14-27 may have been written
      > during the war, perhaps by people who were aware of the advance of the Roman
      > armies, and applied 21-22 to the insurgents? It's certainly an interesting
      > idea, if that is what you mean.

      Yes; I suppose what I mean is that Mark 13 makes good sense to
      me if it is read against the background of the war, but it's not
      something I've spent a lot of time reflecting on, so there may be
      good counter-arguments.

      Mark
      Dept of Theology tel: +44 121 414 7512
      University of Birmingham fax: +44 121 414 6866
      Birmingham B15 2TT
      United Kingdom

      http://www.bham.ac.uk/theology/goodacre
      Homepage