Weasel and Pseudonyms

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2001
      Bob Schacht wrote:

      > >----------
      > >Weasel
      > >(Mustela nivalis)
      >
      > It is my impression that psuedonyms are not appropriate on this list.
      > Please identify yourself properly.

      Bob is being kind. The use of Pseudonyms is expressly ** forbidden** by our
      protocols, to wit:

      3. Identify yourself at the end of each message by giving your full name
      as well as your institutional affiliation (if any), your homepage (if
      applicable), and some indication of your social location. You may wish to
      ensure that your signature is an automated part of any message you send
      to XTalk. This can easily be done through the "preferences/options"
      button available in most e-mail programs.

      Unsigned messages or pseudonyms in signatures are not acceptable.

      If you wish to be addressed by a name other than that under which you
      are subscribed, indicate this in your signature.

      Moreover, all those who apply for subscription to XTalk agree that they will
      not use them, but instead append their real names to their posts (don't know
      why I didn't catch this earlier. Was I incorrect in seeing a real signature in
      a post from "weasel"?)

      In any case, I ask now that this use of pseudonyms be halted and a real
      signature be used from now on.

      Yours,

      Jeffrey Gibson
      --
      Jeffrey B. Gibson, D.Phil. (Oxon.)
      7423 N. Sheridan Road #2A
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 1, 2001
        At 10:36 01/01/2001 -0600, you wrote:
        >Bob Schacht wrote:
        >
        >> >----------
        >> >Weasel
        >> >(Mustela nivalis)
        >>
        >> It is my impression that psuedonyms are not appropriate on this list.
        >> Please identify yourself properly.

        I apologize, I forgot to select the signature file I use for this list.

        For the record, I am a retired civil engineer currently living in San
        Francisco.

        I have no professional schooling in the subject area of this list but I
        have read a many of the books discussed on this list and I have attended a
        number of meetings of the Jesus Seminar (JS) where for a number of years I
        helped tabulate the votes.

        Through attendance at the JS, I have had the pleasure of meeting a number
        of people who have participated on this list including Mahlon Smith, Stevan
        Davies, Dom Crossan and John Kloppenborg.

        Dave Jones
        San Francisco