Re: Re: [XTalk] Shroud was Re: Jesus as a man of colour]

  • Deborah Greenhill
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 29, 2000
      Blessings, All,
      In the book "Ante Pacem: Archaeological Evidence of Church Life Before
      Constantine", Jesus is never depicted with long hair. He sometimes has a
      beard, but when he is depicted as "the Good Shepherd", he is usually clean
      shaven and looks somewhat a cross between Roman and Jewish features..

      This would be an excellent book to add to your library. It has funery
      inscriptions, building styles, and archaeological evidence of the very
      earliest symbols of church life.

      The author is Graydon F. Snyder, ISBN 086554-396-8, and is produced by
      Mercer Press, with copyright 1985 and 2nd printing 1991.
      Thanks,
      Dr. Deborah J. Greenhill, PhD. candidate
      Federated States of Micronesia