Re: [Synoptic-L] important notice to C-P and Kata Makon members

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2000
      "Jeffrey B. Gibson" wrote:

      > Something has gone dreadfully wrong at metalabs (the sever at the
      > University of North Carolina which hosts C-P and KM, along with B-Greek
      > and B-Hebrew) and no one has been able to access or post to these Lists
      > for several days now. Repairs are being attempted. But we may lose
      > several months of our archives.

      [snip]

      > In any case, I wanted to let people know why they haven't been able to
      > get through if anyone has been trying to do so. I would appreciate it if
      > you'd pass this message on to others you know who are members of C-P and
      > KM but who are not subscribed to the Lists to which I'm sending this.
      >
      > More information will be forthcoming as it becomes available to me.

      I'm now very happy to say that it looks like -- thanks to the efforts of
      Jonathan Magid at Metalabs -- C-P and Kata Markon are back up and running
      without loss of any data.

      However, I suspect that if you were trying to reach the Lists over the last
      few days, your posts were lost in cyberspace. At the risk of duplication, I
      would advise anyone who was attempting to post to C-P and K-M since Tuesday
      evening to resend what you were posting.

      Yours,

      Jeffrey Gibson
      --
      Jeffrey B. Gibson, D.Phil. (Oxon.)