Josephus on the Essenes

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 7, 2000
      A posting by Maurice O'Sullivan to B-Greek (which I plagiarize here) has
      prompted me to note that List members may like to know that a paper:

      What Josephus Says about the Essenes in his Judean War

      by Steve Mason of York University, Toronto, Toronto has been posted on
      the
      Orion [ Dead Sea Scrolls ] website at:
      http://orion.mscc.huji.ac.il/orion/programs/Mason00-1.shtml

      It is two parts, the author noting that:
      "Part of this essay (roughly, the latter half) appeared
      in Stephen G. Wilson and Michel Desjardins, eds., Text and
      Artifact in the Religions of Mediterranean Antiquity: Essays in
      Honour of Peter Richardson (Waterloo: Wilfrid Laurier University
      Press, 2000), 434-467.

      To read the Greek phrases appearing throughout the paper you will
      require
      the SPIonic font which is available, for both PC and Mac users, through
      link on the Orion site to Jimmy Adair's "TC: A Journal of Biblical
      Textual
      Criticism" website..

      Yours,