Re: RE: [XTalk] Clement Clarke Moore

  • Henry Carrigan
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 30, 2000
      Don't know of any particualrly scholarly work that Moore contributed, but he did donate the property that General Seminary now sits on. When he donated it--General is at 21st Street and 9th Avenue--the property was riverfront property. Now, of course, the Seminary is several blocks west of the river because everyting between General and the river sits atop landfill.
      The outcome of the case will have a great effect on General as well since they advertise heavily that Moore, the author of the beloved poem "The Night Before Christmas," is responsible for General's existence. They'll need to make soem changes in their promo material.
      Henry Carrigan, Editorial Director Trinity Press International

      >>> "Sukie Curtis" <sbcurtis@...> 10/27 8:53 AM >>>
      I believe that Clement Moore was an Episcopal priest/scholar who taught at
      General Theological Seminary (Episcopal) in NYC, which suggests he probably
      had a PhD.

      Sukie Curtis
      Cumberland Foreside, Maine

      The XTalk Home Page is http://www.xtalk.org