Jesus and Greek

  • Corey W. Liknes
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 29, 2000
      I remember reading somewhere (I think in Marcus Borg, but I cannot find the
      citation now), that historians are beginning to speculate that Jesus may
      have been bilingual. The suggestion was that Galillee was much more
      cosmopolitan than we sometimes imagine, and it is entirely possible that
      Jesus (if he in fact existed *grin*) may have known and preached in Greek as
      well as Aramaic (and Hebrew too?).

      What have the scholars decided about this issue? What evidence supports this
      possibility? What are the implications?

      Corey Liknes
      Arts and Science Department
      Prairie Bible College