Re: [XTalk] re: Seminar Voting

  • Stephen C. Carlson
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 2, 2000
      At 05:14 PM 8/2/00 -0400, Dawson, Gail wrote:
      >GD: The results by category may have been published in the Seminar's
      >journal _Forum_ (someone else on this list may know for certain).

      The results (and explanations for why they voted that way) for the
      sayings in Mark and parallels are found in the Red Letter edition
      of Mark. This may be easier for people to find than the journal.
      I believe the other Red Letter editions are still in the planning
      stage.

      Stephen Carlson
      --
      Stephen C. Carlson mailto:scarlson@...
    • Dawson, Gail
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 3, 2000
        I had written:
        No one has ever claimed that the JS database represents the final word on
        determining the historicity of the Gospel accounts for all time; it is
        simply a snapshot of scholarly consensus at a given moment.

        Rikk Watts wrote:

        Sorry to nit-pick ... but with respect and without prejudice, I don't think
        anyone would honestly claim that JS even represents "scholarly consensus."

        GD:

        To clarify: The JS is a corporate body of scholars, reporting their
        findings as a body, not as individuals. My intent might have been clearer
        in my message if I had written "_a_ scholarly consensus"--that is, the
        scholarly consensus *of* the JS.

        Gail Dawson
        Edinburg, Virginia