Re: [XTalk] Re: JB and Essenes (was JB and Aaronic priesthood) (See Notice Below)

  • Hope_Rosenbaum_Werner@deweyballantine.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 23 6:40 AM
      Mahlon: Thanks so much for your lengthy reply to Charlesworth's "probable" JB
      hypothesis. I must tell you that I adore Charlesworth and have read much of
      what he is written and own virtually everything else on my "will read this next"
      pile. In addition, I have had e-mail correspondence with him (I guess I am
      officially a Charlesworth Groupee) and, for a period, he assigned a student of
      his to be my "mentor" in self directed reading of the DSS. However, you did
      raise some interesting observations to counter his rhetorical questions that hit
      me so deeply. In order to fully partake in this disagreement, can you point me
      to books (either by you or someone else) who I can set off against Charelsworth?
      That is, where can I read a book-length discussion similar to the one you
      e-mailed out last night? Thanks again for your thought-provoking response.
      Best Regards,
      Hope