Re: [XTalk] DSS dating

  • Tom Simms
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2000
      On Fri, 02 Jun 2000 08:58:43 -0400, goranson@... writes:

      >Tom Simms wrote that the Qumran manuscripts were deposited in the caves at
      >the time of the arrival of Pompey (63 BCE).
      >
      > In my opinion, this idea is mistaken, and has been shown to be mistaken on
      >other lists, including orion and ane. I hope another long exchange on it
      >will not be necessary here. Anyone interested can read the archives of
      >those lists as well as the latest two issues of Qumran Chronicle, for the
      >pros and cons.

      1. You might explain why, after presenting your views unsucces-
      fully to Orion List, you now longer post there.

      2. Apparently you haven't read the two papers, one by Ian
      Hutcheson in the Dec 1999 issue of _Qumran Chronicle_, the other
      by Greg Doudna in the January 2000 issue of the same.

      3. There are in preparation papers using fully effective decon-
      tamination techniques supporting the early date (63 BCE).

      Tom Simms